Christian Purslow

villan-scott

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

for me he can only redeem himself by sacking his mate now and apologse for the disgraceful nepotism he has shown in hiring him

When has a ceo EVER apologised for a bad appointment?

Not gonna happen

Crap manager appointments happen thats football

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Terrible recruitment decisions when we came up and Smith and Grealish saved him from that scrutiny. 

Replacing Jack with Buendia, Bailey and Ings is looking more and more like an utter disaster. 

I'd also love to know how much influence he had over that summer when JT and ROK left the coaching staff and were replaced with people who have helped make us much worse. 

Recruiting wingers for Smith and then bringing in an unproven Gerrard has left our squad unbalanced and with a rising wage bill with players with little resale value.

All the good feeling and connections between fans and the club gets worse every day. 

I think Purslow should be pretty thankful that Deano pulling off the promotion miracle and Super Jack playing a massive part in keeping us up and progressing us to 11th have helped cover over a lot of terrible decisions made by the club, of which Purslow is the one over seeing them all. 

I'm not a fan. 

Looking back I think Suso might have got dealt a bad hand too. He had to built a new squad in double quick time to keep us up

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Looking back I think Suso might have got dealt a bad hand too. He had to built a new squad in double quick time to keep us up

100%

Same as lange now people can't see past the sporting director being a scout

Villas problem post promotion was were always going to need to turnover 3 to 4 teams worth of players to progress up the league, we were never going to sign a CL ready player under suso, I consider him to have done his job, he only did by a gnats pube but he did it, we stayed up

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

That's hilarious. These people live in a bubble.

To be fair, you probably need a thick skin to survive in the heat of the Premier League and the inevitable fan abuse. Otherwise you would be a gibbering wreck within months of taking the job. (See former Villa managers change in look after a couple of years at the helm)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I hope he's replaced.

Privileged mindset where he doesn't see the bad decisions he makes. Just thinks he's right all the time.

That's CEOs for you.

It's a personality type. They think the size of their balls will keep them afloat when everything around them is sinking.

He's a cute hoor. Thinks he's a lot smarter than he is.

50 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I hope he's replaced.

Privileged mindset where he doesn't see the bad decisions he makes. Just thinks he's right all the time.

I don't know who this Old Man is.. but if he's speaking with Purslow i hope he told him exactly how the whole fan-base feel about Gerrard, and i hope he asked him why he's not sacked Gerrard yet.

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

I don't know who this Old Man is.. but if he's speaking with Purslow i hope he told him exactly how the whole fan-base feel about Gerrard, and i hope he asked him why he's not sacked Gerrard yet.

Doubt it mate.

Just now, est1874 said:

That's CEOs for you.

It's a personality type. They think the size of their balls will keep them afloat when everything around them is sinking.

It's also just...who's telling him the truth when it's something he doesn't want to hear. You get to a point where people are too scared to be honest

"Sir, we've been reviewing social media, and people think you're a helmet" gets you a P45 pretty quickly I imagine.

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's also just...who's telling him the truth when it's something he doesn't want to hear. You get to a point where people are too scared to be honest

"Sir, we've been reviewing social media, and people think you're a helmet" gets you a P45 pretty quickly I imagine.

Mr Burns Lawyer GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, NeilS said:

To be fair, you probably need a thick skin to survive in the heat of the Premier League and the inevitable fan abuse. Otherwise you would be a gibbering wreck within months of taking the job. (See former Villa managers change in look after a couple of years at the helm)

I see what you mean, but there's a difference between having thick skin and being oblivious. You would think he'd have his finger on the pulse. How could he not know that fans are not happy with him and his association with Gerrard? 

25 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Otherwise you would be a gibbering wreck within months of taking the job. (See former Villa managers change in look after a couple of years at the helm)

I don't believe it...

Paul Lambert leaves Ipswich Town by mutual consent | The Pink Un

image.jpeg.48ec6796d7303c17e662b51f8b02a84d.jpeg

image.jpeg.e88bcec0249b7944796a98bc92daa151.jpeg

image.jpeg.240575df271b90c22a44cef5388ab0f2.jpeg

Edited by ender4
  • Haha 3

Â