Christian Purslow

villan-scott

5 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Does one bad managerial appointment mean he should lose his job - look at Levy’s record - 

Hoddle. Santini, Jol, Ramos, Redknapp, Villas-Boas, Sherwood, Pochettino, Mourihno, Espírito Santo and now Conte a fair to say a mixed bag … 

Im worried because of his history with other clubs, as well as it seemed 100% like Henry was his first choice when he hired Smith, and henry is a disaster of a manager

28 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Does one bad managerial appointment mean he should lose his job - look at Levy’s record - 

Hoddle. Santini, Jol, Ramos, Redknapp, Villas-Boas, Sherwood, Pochettino, Mourihno, Espírito Santo and now Conte a fair to say a mixed bag … 

Agree. I think he is a good CEO tbh. He may lose his job if he fails to act though. This is the time for Purslow to do his job and make the change. There is nothing to wait for imho. No improvement today after 9 months or so, two backed windows and a full pre season.

As Gerrard says, no excuses. Time for Purslow to step up. An awkward conversation I am sure, but Purslow got us here, he needs to get us out.

Oh and for the curious yes Purslow can be sacked. CEO's almost always get options or shares in their businesses. He would get a chance to vest/ sell them within a given time period if he can. I suspect they are underwater or not saleable anyway but it wouldnt cost us much. But I think he will act.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

25 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

Spurs have been a top 6 club for how long that's the difference.

Makes zero sense - Levy has been in the job since October 2001 so 21 years Vs Purslow’s August 2018 appointment so 4 years and Purslow took the job on when we were in the championship. 

37 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Makes zero sense - Levy has been in the job since October 2001 so 21 years Vs Purslow’s August 2018 appointment so 4 years and Purslow took the job on when we were in the championship. 

Purslow has no idea about football matters we can see with this appointment it was rushed and no process at all. 

32 minutes ago, thabucks said:

So one bad appointment means he’d bad at football matters - So luckily these experienced football men are so easily replaceable that one bad manager choice and that’s it… OK? 

It wasn't a little mistake , he made a judgement that's took us back 2 years and probably £200m spent supporting his managers system.

It was obviously a massive gamble with Gerrard and while it's not over yet it's beginning to look like the gamble has failed.

Did Gerrard outline his ideas at the interview, marauding full backs and no wingers? We had just brought Beundia and Bailey and had Bert as well. The Grealish saga as well , 3 players to replace 1 , allowing a buy out clause when Grealish had 3 or was it 4 years left on his contract. 

I don't buy into him,  hated the way he treated Smith, he deserved better treatment and to replace him with his old Liverpool mate was so fucXed up. It stank then and its beginning to look like a completely moronic thing to have done. 

He should get someone in to deal with football decisions as he's obviously clueless.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tinker said:

It wasn't a little mistake , he made a judgement that's took us back 2 years and probably £200m spent supporting his managers system.

It was obviously a massive gamble with Gerrard and while it's not over yet it's beginning to look like the gamble has failed.

Did Gerrard outline his ideas at the interview, marauding full backs and no wingers? We had just brought Beundia and Bailey and had Bert as well. The Grealish saga as well , 3 players to replace 1 , allowing a buy out clause when Grealish had 3 or was it 4 years left on his contract. 

I don't buy into him,  hated the way he treated Smith, he deserved better treatment and to replace him with his old Liverpool mate was so fucXed up. It stank then and its beginning to look like a completely moronic thing to have done. 

He should get someone in to deal with football decisions as he's obviously clueless.

What better treatment? When someone needs the sack they get the sack. Theee is no nice wqy to sacm someone. Smith needed to go and it was the right decision

He just totally got it wrong with gerrard

46 minutes ago, thabucks said:

So one bad appointment means he’d bad at football matters - So luckily these experienced football men are so easily replaceable that one bad manager choice and that’s it… OK? 

Sort of agree.

Yes this is looking a massive clanger, but the bloke has done alot of other good things at the club.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sort of agree.

Yes this is looking a massive clanger, but the bloke has done alot of other good things at the club.

I can't think of any football decisions that have gone well but I'm happy to proven wrong.......what has Purslow done for us? 

I think Purslow is getting away with murder. Its not just one managerial appointment. He has ripped up a solid transfer policy to sort out his mate and thats what it is to get him the Liverpool job

Yes Smith should have been sacked but we didnt get an upgrade just a matey appointment

• Like 1

I can't think of any football decisions that have gone well but I'm happy to proven wrong.......what has Purslow done for us? 

Recruiting Dean seemed to go quite well. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Purslow is bad at football matters simply because he’s no football expert. He is a football fan — but has no more background in football than a regular bloke in the stands. 

He is a banker and became chief exec at Liverpool with the single task of selling the club, which he did. He couldn’t stay away from making some bad football decisions however, like appointing Hodgson and signing a couple of players who ended up not playing.

At Chelsea he was strictly a commercial director and made a number of lucrative deals. Before he started the Chelsea job their club media wrote articles to calm down the fans, assuring CP would not interfere with football matters.

At Villa, it sounded for a while as if football things were to be handled by the new sporting director. But to me it looks like Purslow stills plays Football Manager in real life, mainly with other peoples money.

• Like 1

Well he 

- Hired Dean Smith

- Has steadily increased our commercial value

- Got 100 mill for Grealish

I'm sure there are a shedload of other good things he has done in his time here.

I even have a feeling he might have been pivotal on getting NSWE for us too!

You realise that AVFC is a much bigger business than just what we see on a matchday?

10 minutes ago, tinker said:

Don't think he can be criticised for this to be honest. If Grealish wanted it in there it's because he knew he would want to leave when City came along. Purslow did well to get it to £100m. You can't just remove the release clause and expect him to sign.

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think Purslow is getting away with murder. Its not just one managerial appointment. He has ripped up a solid transfer policy to sort out his mate and thats what it is to get him the Liverpool job

Yes Smith should have been sacked but we didnt get an upgrade just a matey appointment

Spot on

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well he 

- Hired Dean Smith

- Has steadily increased our commercial value

- Got 100 mill for Grealish

I'm sure there are a shedload of other good things he has done in his time here.

I even have a feeling he might have been pivotal on getting NSWE for us too!

You realise that AVFC is a much bigger business than just what we see on a matchday?

He's raised our profile for sure! 

Â