John McGinn

PompeyVillan

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Was a bad tackle but I honestly don't believe it was a red.

As I said though, it was an idiotic decision to go in like that so I'm not really blaming the refs.

It should be reds for things like that. A cynical tactical foul and way too much aggressive.

Never intended to get the ball.

His intent was to hurt the player because of frustration.

It's red in my opinion. Reckless.

• Like 2

If a player off another team does that against Villa they're Ben Mee MK2. It was a ridiculous "tackle", he's ran at Udogie, zero intention of playing the ball and kicked straight through him, it's as reckless as it gets. Deserved what he got.

• Like 1

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Well as captain you think "get me out of jail boys" and at least shut up shop.

As captain I think "don't make **** stupid challenges that gain you nothing and could get you sent off"

Was clearly getting frustrated, and cynically hacked an opponent down nowhere near the ball. Such a stupid, stupid moment that's going to turn one awful game into 3 games without our captain.

Said before the game that the lads knew how important today was. 

Konsa brainfart and your idiocy really showed that, cheers John 

It was a red, but I don’t think that’s breaking anyone’s leg. I’ve made a few of those challenges in my life. They bruise the opposing player, not break them. Breaks require a more opposing force (eg scissor).

He's got loads of credit in the bank so we can forgive him and it wouldnt have changed the match result. But that was stupid, immature and now he's banned for key games. Very poor lapse in discipline John.

• Like 1

Â