John McGinn

PompeyVillan

On 07/08/2018 at 07:22, Adam2003 said:

I hadn’t heard of him (haven’t seen any Scottish football in years) but looking at the link to a Hibs forum in the transfer thread they look at him the same way we look at Grealish. Sounds well worth a punt. Also gave me a laugh when one of them said “they got Des Bremner on the cheap from us” - sounds like they would rather he came here than Celtic. Gut feel is I’d like to see him come in.

I stand by this from page 1.

What a player. He gets us going when we need it with a press or a powerful run but also calms us down if we're getting a bit sloppy with smart considered passes or winning a set piece and so much in between. His passing is just ridiculous lately, pinging them effortlessly. It's like he sees a picture of the game before it happens.

24 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

This is the SJM we all feel in love with in the promotion season isn't it?

What a great tempo setter he is after a europa Thursday game, comfortable MOTM.

i dont think so tbh (and i dont mean that in a bad way).

i think under Emery he is developing his game and is a much, much better player than we have previously seen.

im not saying he wasnt good in that promotion season, but under Emery he has added guile, intelligence, composure etc, to all his previous hustle and bustle qualities.

• Like 2

Superb. I feel like I come away from Villa Park most weekends now and see a performance like that from him though, mostly the norm for McGinn under Unai. 

The amount of times he got fouled seemed to really fire him up. 

Â