John McGinn

PompeyVillan

has been pretty bad the last 2 games and I don't think it's a surprise that he was asked to push back in the midfield which caused it. Keep him further forward and we see the best of him

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

has been pretty bad the last 2 games and I don't think it's a surprise that he was asked to push back in the midfield which caused it. Keep him further forward and we see the best of him

Hmm I thought he was actually decent in the midfield and provided us some much needed push that Dendoncker lacks. While he can do a job wide right against certain opponents, he's really not helpful out wide when opponents are sitting in a low block as he's rarely ever going to take on the fullback 1v1.

37 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

I agree, he's been a bit slow on the ball decision making wise.

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

You got that from the commentator today and I claim my £5!

Whistle for it...

McGinn said if he was called Juan maybe he would have a better chance under Emery.

I claim artistic license on the McGinnez 😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

He was sensational today. 

It's been said by many for years now, one of our best players and he just needed the right manager guiding him to bring out the real John McGinn..

We now have that and it's showing. Amazing.

Super John McGinn!

• Like 1

Doing what I was wanting him to when he was being criticised and keep it simple. He is selective with his progressive passes now and it’s killing teams .

Had Diving Kane on toast today kept dicking him in the centre on repeat. 

• Like 1

Â