John McGinn

PompeyVillan

On 14/06/2021 at 20:04, Monkeypuzzle said:

I felt McGinn played far better this season when given leave to play further forward, such as at Spurs in the penultimate game. This takes advantage of his terrier like chasing and closing down of defenders much more than when he played in a deeper role and seemed more restricted. How do people feel about potentially playing him between Grealish and Buendia next season if we play a 4-2-3-1 formation? He does a lot of running and has always played better for us in a more attacking role in my opinion. Either that or have Sanson and him both given the chance to make forward runs from midfield with Douglas Luiz or Nakamba sitting in a deeper holding role behind them? Obviously any new signings might change things but as it is at present I quite like seeing him play in one of the two formations below. I don't think we should be looking to replace such a talented player because his form dipped a bit when played out of position for most of the year.

......................Watkins

Grealish........McGinn.......Buendia

...........Douglas.....Nakamba

Targett....Mings......Konsa.....Cash

......................Martinez

Or my preferred formation with our current players

Grealish...........Watkins.............Buendia

.............Sanson............McGinn

......................Douglas Luiz

Targett......Mings.........Konsa......Cash

.........................Martinez

How do people feel about this slightly more advanced role for him, without simply saying drop him or buy someone else? First post on here so please be kind ;)

My first ever post on Villa Talk. I think I might have been on to something back then!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

His fight and determination to wriggle between two men to get the ball to buendia for the third was brutal

he must be a nightmare to play against

Dan Burn is one of the strongest players in the league and McGinn was ragdolling him at times.  Pound for Pound there arent many stronger in the league footballing wise. His way of running gives him a low centre of gravity and his legs are so poweful. He is built like a rugby player rather than the ripped slimish build that footballers tend to have these days. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Dan Burn is one of the strongest players in the league and McGinn was ragdolling him at times.  Pound for Pound there arent many stronger in the league footballing wise. His way of running gives him a low centre of gravity and his legs are so poweful. He is built like a rugby player rather than the ripped slimish build that footballers tend to have these days. 

Burn was taken off after 70 mins as was getting destroyed by the Scottish badger. 

Targett was on the receiving end of his foraging for the 3rd goal.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, KMitch said:

I absolutely love his responses to the media.  First his response to Rodri's complaints about Scotland parking the bus, now this.  

Brilliant. What was his response to Rodri?

Na listen and bear with me. 

Seriously, just.. stick with me here.

But does anyone really see any difference between these photos;

gettyimages-1251840980-594x594.jpg.0b7544152ef7734f3110dc363dc2dd2b.jpg

and;

Cane Toad Photograph by Edelberto Cabrera

I mean just look!

frog.jpg

AND CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME WHERE DAN BURNS RING FINGER HAS GONE?! 

16 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

and;

I mean just look!

frog.jpg

Ripped off when he was 13 apparently after an accident involving a fence and a spike...

56 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

and;

I mean just look!

frog.jpg

His missing finger is in Meatballs pocket.

Â