John McGinn

PompeyVillan

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’d actually start him on the right and Ramsey on the left and keep Bailey behind Watkins. Thoughts?

I like Bailey and Watkins up front yep. Ings doesn't have the athletisicism to get away from anyone, or compete for hopeful punts we sometimes need to resort to.

Can't decide with McGinn. He's got work to do to show he can be consistent. JJ definitely starts, then it's between McGinn, Buendia, Coutinho for the other spot.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I like Bailey and Watkins up front yep. Ings doesn't have the athletisicism to get away from anyone, or compete for hopeful punts we sometimes need to resort to.

Can't decide with McGinn. He's got work to do to show he can be consistent. JJ definitely starts, then it's between McGinn, Buendia, Coutinho for the other spot.

agree with all of that. Ings was such a waste of money. 

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’d actually start him on the right and Ramsey on the left and keep Bailey behind Watkins. Thoughts?

It's a tough one, & as @Tomaszksays this spot is between Buendia/Coutinho/McGinn (none of them feel like natural wide players which is a whole different problem). I know you'll probably disagree, but I'd probably go with Buendia at the minute -- though I'd be rotating all 3 of them pretty consistently. But I think it's clear that this is the first position that needs to be upgraded in January. 

Edit: I'd also be tempted to look into playing either Watkins or Bailey out here as well but then that requires additions to play in the front 2. 

Edited by Villaphan04

32 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

It's a tough one, & as @Tomaszksays this spot is between Buendia/Coutinho/McGinn (none of them feel like natural wide players which is a whole different problem). I know you'll probably disagree, but I'd probably go with Buendia at the minute -- though I'd be rotating all 3 of them pretty consistently. But I think it's clear that this is the first position that needs to be upgraded in January. 

I do disagree but fully understand the argument that Buendia should start over Coutinho and McGinn. I get it. He works hard and he does have the ability to open up the defence with a pass.

Either way, I think that’s the spot up for grabs in January. That is where we’ll look to improve either by signing another forward to play just behind Watkins and push Bailey back to a wide slot or we’ll keep Bailey where he is and buy a wide player to play as part of the 4 in midfield. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I do disagree but fully understand the argument that Buendia should start over Coutinho and McGinn. I get it. He works hard and he does have the ability to open up the defence with a pass.

Either way, I think that’s the spot up for grabs in January. That is where we’ll look to improve either by signing another forward to play just behind Watkins and push Bailey back to a wide slot or we’ll keep Bailey where he is and buy a wide player to play as part of the 4 in midfield. 

no clue why Gerrard was allowed to axe the Sarr signing when he would clearly have that role. But then again, who knows where Stevie would've played him. 

One out of Buendia, Coutinho & McGinn out wide just screams meh in terms of options. 

McGinn hogging the right touchline. I actually wiped away a tear from my eye. As well playing Konsa as a false 9 and Buendia as a sweeper. If there is any position that doesn’t suit SJM, it’s a wide right midfielder. Plays on the right in a front 3 for Scotland and he is excellent. Plays a lot narrower there and can effect the midfield as well, but when he is wide right for Villa, a cone would be more effective. Emery clearly has to go. 

• Haha 1

We know Ginny is capable of performances like these. Thought he was excellent today and that assist was pure magic. Did flop one touch today that almost lead to a counter, but shit happens. Other than that he didn't really put a foot wrong today.

Â