John McGinn

PompeyVillan

Always thought McGinn was slow, cumbersome and not athletic enough for the PL. I often thought this even when in the Championship.

He's all 'hustle and bustle' and he isn't technical enough for Emery.

Maybe he'll stick around for a bit but surely Emery will be the manager to finally see through him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

Said many times I love the man but looks like his legs have gone. No idea why as he’s not old (lack of commitment off the field perhaps?). Hes always a yard off the pace of the game. 

Reminds me a lot of Hourihane in first season in PL .

It's a good question. Is he into the pies in a big way? Did he get the captaincy on the basis of winning the club pub golf competition?

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Always thought McGinn was slow, cumbersome and not athletic enough for the PL. I often thought this even when in the Championship.

He's all 'hustle and bustle' and he isn't technical enough for Emery.

Maybe he'll stick around for a bit but surely Emery will be the manager to finally see through him.

I hope so, as he was dismal again tonight.

• Like 1

He looked absolutely **** shattered.  Like, beyond tired.  There was some moment where Man Utd where attacking, he won the ball back... then lost it and basically just stopped.  As if he couldn't move anymore.  Really weird.

• Like 2

This World Cup break really is the last chance saloon for him. He needs to work on his game

Funny some of the Villa podcasters still think if we put him up for sale United or Liverpool will bid 30 million for him.

Truth is we be lucky to get 12 million from Southampton or Fulham

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

This World Cup break really is the last chance saloon for him. He needs to work on his game

Funny some of the Villa podcasters still think if we put him up for sale United or Liverpool will bid 30 million for him.

We signed him for £3m, anything in double figures is a plus.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

He is worth more than 12m we paid that for a cm rb that had no PL experience. I think 30m might be a stretch but around the 20m mark i think is achievable . That would still be a noce 17m profit for ffp

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He is worth more than 12m we paid that for a cm rb that had no PL experience. I think 30m might be a stretch but around the 20m mark i think is achievable . That would still be a noce 17m profit for ffp

PL experience means nothing when you have been poor for 2 years

Would you sign Ashley Westwood for 20 million and he has played better than McGinn

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

PL experience means nothing when you have been poor for 2 years

Would you sign Ashley Westwood for 20 million and he has played better than McGinn

Not just his premier league experience what about his international experience in Scotland.  Westwood hasnt even got a england cap

Sadly I think his best days are behind him at Villa. 

Cannot fault his effort but he now runs around like a newborn foal finding it’s feet.

He’s been a great servant to the club and a major part in why we got promoted but he’s not going to be good enough for where we want to be in the league.

Time to cash in sadly

• Sad 1

There was concrete interest in him this Summer just gone from West Ham. Unfortunately, we had a manager who not only saw him as a key player, but went as far as to make him captain.

We should have cashed in, in the Summer had we any foresight. 

Right now, he looks like a competition winner. Slow, unfit and terrified every time the ball comes his way. He’s regressing at an alarming rate and quite frankly just looks too overweight for this level. 

Id be mega surprised if he’s still here next year. We may not be able to get big bucks for him, but he’s worth £10-15m to someone. 

• Like 1

I am glad we are now at a stage where we publicly vent about the shortcomings of McDone, because it seems everyone has been blind to it for years. For me he hasn’t played well in the premier league.

And he looks over weight for an elite footballer?

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Not just his premier league experience what about his international experience in Scotland.  Westwood hasnt even got a england cap

Really? The hat tricks vs San Marino dont add much value

Olsen is a Swedish international and we saw him

12 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Sadly I think his best days are behind him at Villa. 

Cannot fault his effort but he now runs around like a newborn foal finding it’s feet.

He’s been a great servant to the club and a major part in why we got promoted but he’s not going to be good enough for where we want to be in the league.

Time to cash in sadly

The unfortunate truth.  He'll be moved on in January or Summer at latest.  There are quite a few players in the same boat as him. 

• Like 1

Yeah I think his time is up now. Even my Scottish mate has pointed out that he's a shadow of himself from last year playing international football, and asked me if he's the same at Villa. Yep, he's really gone off the boil!

To think 3 years ago he was being linked with a £50m move to Man Ure.

Quite sad given his obvious likeable character but since his best mate has gone (JG) he has looked lost. Time to cash in and get someone else in there.

43 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Really? The hat tricks vs San Marino dont add much value

Olsen is a Swedish international and we saw him

Seems to still do well for them. I personally dont think mcginns been same since he picked up that injury in championship 

He scores goals for scotland but for villa hos scores as much as nick hancock

Â