André Moreira

Tomaszk

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's Bruce's signing again I see :D 

I've seen nothing concrete to suggest any clubs links to Mendes to be fair. 

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

Was Bruce not in charge when he signed?

Surely he would have sanctioned it or refused it?

It was tongue in cheek.

Just a little dig at those who were saying when he signed that Bruce couldn't have had anything to do with it as he'd never have heard of the guy. But now that it's turned out he's shit it's suddenly his fault.

FWIW it is Bruce's fault, imo. He takes as much blame as any other manager making signings in modern football. He'd probably never heard of him and was doing it off the back of a recommendation from a scout, but manager's are judged on their signings. it's one of the reasons I get so annoyed by people defending Sherwood because he apparently had no say on transfers, just because he moaned about it in an interview once.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It was tongue in cheek.

Just a little dig at those who were saying when he signed that Bruce couldn't have had anything to do with it as he'd never have heard of the guy. But now that it's turned out he's shit it's suddenly his fault.

FWIW it is Bruce's fault, imo. He takes as much blame as any other manager making signings in modern football. He'd probably never heard of him and was doing it off the back of a recommendation from a scout, but manager's are judged on their signings. it's one of the reasons I get so annoyed by people defending Sherwood because he apparently had no say on transfers, just because he moaned about it in an interview once.

I get that mate and was just asking for clarification incase I was wrong. B)

The only signing of decency Bruce made that still remains imo is Kodja. The rest are absolute average shite.

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

The only signing of decency Bruce made that still remains imo is Kodja. The rest are absolute average shite.

RDM signed Kodjia, and you're forgetting McGinn 😋

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

You've missed out McGinn.
But aside from that, I think Hourihane, Elmo and Whelan have all contributed since they've been here. Whelan is finished now and Elmo looks shit without Snodgrass in front of him but I don't think they've been bad signings as they at least had periods where they've been good for us. Hourihane is up and down.

But yeah he's not had great success. His loan signings have been more successful than his permanent signings really. Johnstone, Tuanzebe, Snodgrass, Abraham etc

Edited by Stevo985

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But yeah he's not had great success. His loan signings have been more successful than his permanent signings really. Johnstone, Tuanzebe, Snodgrass, Abraham etc

You're not wrong there his loan signings were very good i'll give him that.

6 minutes ago, av1 said:

You're forgetting McGinn 😋

Totslly forgot aboit Mcginn.

So asides from his loans McGinn was the best player he signed...  £3m too.

Will never forgot how he used to just stand there as shot after shot went past him in the warm up.

...and the way he kicked the ball for Nyland's catching practice. Just sublime.

Goodbye sweet Prince. Forever in my heart.
Hopefully are paths cross again xxx

• Like 1

Wolves got Neves, we got this guy.

Never mind, he'll make a good pub quiz question when he's been forgotten in a week or two. One day, my grandchildren will be sat on the rug at the foot of my recliner, asking me stories about Aston Villa's fabled 2018/2019 season. 'Grandad', they'll say, 'tell us about watching Andre Moreira play!' Alas, I will have to break their little hearts by admitting that I don't habitually travel to other grounds to watch the opening round of the Carabao Cup. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Will never forgot how he used to just stand there as shot after shot went past him in the warm up.

...and the way he kicked the ball for Nyland's catching practice. Just sublime.

Goodbye sweet Prince. Forever in my heart.
Hopefully are paths cross again xxx

Thats quite impressive for him. As he rarely ever  made the bench either 

18 hours ago, Zatman said:

Pity was looking forward to challenge Oblak for Atletico No. 1 position

He did end up being shit, but at the time I enjoyed some Villa fans (mainly on Twitter) claiming Moreira couldn't be any good because he'd not managed to break into Atletico's first team :D 

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

He did end up being shit, but at the time I enjoyed some Villa fans (mainly on Twitter) claiming Moreira couldn't be any good because he'd not managed to break into Atletico's first team :D 

Well...technically....they were right.... ;)

23 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

But aside from that, I think Hourihane, Elmo and Whelan have all contributed since they've been here. Whelan is finished now and Elmo looks shit without Snodgrass in front of him but I don't think they've been bad signings as they at least had periods where they've been good for us. Hourihane is up and down.

Hardly surprising when you're loaning in players from the Premier League but buying players from outside of it.......

On 23/01/2019 at 13:22, Stevo985 said:

On 23/01/2019 at 13:36, Stevo985 said:

I agree about elmo. Although he has been Utter shit this year for 1m he hasn't been a bad signing for us. Whelan is finished. I can understand the signing but that wa sthw Bruce way short term thinking. Whelan was a gamble to get us up and it cdidnt work. I also think he was. The experience Bruce was harping about playing for the big club that wouldn't be intimidated Playing at vp

Â