André Moreira

Tomaszk

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ha that was stange. The American was even stranger. You don’t remember him do you? I don’t think he ever played. 

wasn't it Simon dawkins?

Back to Moreira, has he only played in the 2 cup games so far?

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ha that was stange. The American was even stranger. You don’t remember him do you? I don’t think he ever played. 

Dawkins?  We signed him from Spurs and he went on to play quite a lot for Derby, so I'd put him on par with Tiago Ilori.  This deal seems even more fishy to me.

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He is only 21 which is baby age for a keeper. He also takes up a loan spot

Then again his manager is also not a fan of youth

Makes me think of Jed... 

1 minute ago, Villaphan04 said:

wasn't it Simon dawkins?

Back to Moreira, has he only played in the 2 cup games so far?

That’s the one. What was all that about?

yep just 2 cup games. I only saw him in one of them and he looked very shakey but also a little crazy. I liked him.

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

That’s the one. What was all that about?

yep just 2 cup games. I only saw him in one of them and he looked very shakey but also a little crazy. I liked him.

He played in a league win vs West Ham and looked OK. Was a weird game, I'm sure nzogbia scored 

8 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

And the reason why this guy as at Villa is?..........

Because somebody, somewhere is skimming money off the deal? 

Either that or this really is the poorest run club in the country. Who loans a 3rd choice keeper? I mean, that is truly incomprehensible and smacks or either dodginess or gross incompetence.

It has to be one of them.

On 01/08/2018 at 12:39, sne said:

Wonder if we'll end up with a situation where this isn't a signing by the manager and thus he'll chose not to use him because of it?

Either this, or he's somehow even worse than Nyland (possible) and Bunn (unlikely)

10 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

The biggest irony of it all of course is that of the 4 goalkeepers to play so far this season the only one who didn't look completely dodgy was Steer.

And we loaned him out.

Yep, it's up there with only having two centre backs on your books 

And loaning one of them out.

12 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He wanted to trade in not playing in Madrid, to not playing in Aston.

Who wouldn't want to move to the fabled kingdom of Aston, where cabbages fall from the sky aplenty.

Don't think Simon Dawkins is American, as far as I remember he was a Spurs reject. Funnily enough, my mate who is a Spurs fan always talks up their young players / rejects didn't rate him one bit. Says it all really. 

Dawkins played for Jamaica.

On Moreira was he just not included because we can only have certain amount of loan players in our squad? Does seem odd he's been back up to Nyland in all the league games (so injury or red card and he'd have to come on) and yet when Nyland is taken out it's Bunn who gets the call.

Â