UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

What is UFC/Pride/MMA? I realise it is some sort of fighting, yet I'm not 100% sure on what it involves. Is it a mixture of kickboxing and something else? Sorry about the dumb question, yet I have never watched the sport.

Lesnar wins, ref stopped the fight, Mir's face was a mess. Bit of piss taking afterward too. :crylaugh:

Lesnar moves to 4-1, considering his only loss ever was his first MMA fight, to Mir, I just don't see him making those rookie mistakes again. Unbeatable.

He ain't unbeatable.

Fedor would wipe the floor with him if they ever faced.

Nah. Lesnar just doesn't have the respect that Fedor does due to his lack of fights, but once that wins column starts to rise high, people will quickly start to realise just how unbeatable he is. Yeah he lost once, but that was fluke on his debut, won't happen again.

I'd love to see Fedor/Lesnar.. but it ant gonna happen, ever.

Dana said when Fedor is done with Affliction, then he's making it happen

H was meant to be signing him last year (or the year before?) as well, but that never happened. :(

I think it's just a dream fight to be honest, one of those things that'll never materialise. One can dream though!

Dana yesterday: One can hope at least

“This whole Fedor thing has been going on and on and on. I keep saying this and that about him and he keeps waiting. Eventually, Fedor’s going to be here. I want Fedor. I want him to come to the UFC and everything else. [Lesnar] just became the heavyweight champion. We’ll end up getting that deal done. And then we’ll do Brock vs. Fedor, and it’ll be a huge fight.”

It cracks me up when people get upset at Lesnar, dont they realise that hes just putting it all on to make it more of a spectacle, listen to the interview on ufc.com after the fight backstage, i get the impression he is just playing up to the crowd as he shows a tiny bit of humility and admits he just gets caught up in it all sometimes.

I remember Ortiz used to play the 'badboy' role and the fans loved it, they only dislike lesnar because of his past WWE attachment and his explosion onto the ufc scene rather than working his way up.

I for one love it though, watching the crowd going mad and lesnar just lapping it up.

Yup, he gets on my tits when I'm not "thinking". One of those "I'd love him to lose" guys. Just like Ortiz. UFC needs one of those every now and again to get the ratings. Even better when they can actually fight. Lesnar may have had a rocket career in MMA but there's no denying the athlete underneath it all. But wouldn't it be sweet if a Fedor type fighter just put him on his arse ;-)

Just watched 100 on Sky + as I was away last night.

Great show. Bisping's knockout and especially the punch afterwards was brutal!

Lesnar is a **** hero. He's hilarious, I love how he plays the heel. It's like he's still in the WWE, he's got the chat.

But he isn't unbeatable. I'm a relative UFC n00b but he still looks open to submissions to me. No denying his power is ridiculous though, Mir got dominated.

"I might even get on top of my wife later" made me laugh out loud.

I just watch it too. The manc got knocked cold, and what a follow up punch after LOL. Lesner was awesome! Mir had no chance but it's still like watching Brock in the WWE. Im new to UFC but will watch more when I can.

He's hilarious, I love how he plays the heel. It's like he's still in the WWE, he's got the chat.

A few of my friends are really big fans of MMA and the like, they are absoloutely pissed that a 'fake wrester' has owned every fighter he's come accross in MMA. :crylaugh:

Just watched the bisping ko. what a sickening thing too do to a man who was obviously out cold on the floor and then admitting after he knew bisping was out cold when he got in his second punch.that would never happen in boxing.ufc 100 showed what a nasty,boring,talentless sport it really is and will never have the class of boxing. they are all usually knackered after 2 rounds, disgraceful antics by lesnar after the fight, henderson hitting unconcious man whilst on the floor and generally 90% of the ufc fights being extremly boring once on the ground.guarentee this sport will be a flash in the pan and will be forgotten just like kickboxing was after the boom in the 90's and Boxing will regain its crown once the heavyweight soon as improved with its next crop of fighters.

I'll agree with your point about Henderson's second hit Donnie, but not much else.. That was disgraceful. He knew Bisping was out and put his whole **** weight behind that. Hits like that can end careers and lives.

The reason UFC ruffles boxing fans feathers is because boxers like to think they're the toughest guys on the planet, but they're not. These MMA guys are. And the money and buzz is shifting towards the UFC now.

Watched this properly for the first time the other day.

Is there anything that is not allowed for instance hitting the back of the head? Or kicks to the head when the opponent is on the floor?

Or is it simply a case of anything goes?

Just watched the bisping ko. what a sickening thing too do to a man who was obviously out cold on the floor and then admitting after he knew bisping was out cold when he got in his second punch.that would never happen in boxing.ufc 100 showed what a nasty,boring,talentless sport it really is and will never have the class of boxing. they are all usually knackered after 2 rounds, disgraceful antics by lesnar after the fight, henderson hitting unconcious man whilst on the floor and generally 90% of the ufc fights being extremly boring once on the ground.guarentee this sport will be a flash in the pan and will be forgotten just like kickboxing was after the boom in the 90's and Boxing will regain its crown once the heavyweight soon as improved with its next crop of fighters.

Yeah i thought tyson chewing an ear was pretty classy.

Dan Henderson was a cock for doing that but lets not pretend boxers never do anything bad.

I can't see the popularity of the UFC fading, i would imagine actually that young kids who could be promising boxers would start moving more towards MMA now that the popularity is so big with young people.

You think it's boring on the floor because you don't understand or respect the level of skill involved in BJJ and what those fighters could do to each other if one of them gave an inch.

I don't get why fans of boxing get so wound up about MMA.

:yawn:

I'll agree with your point about Henderson's second hit Donnie, but not much else.. That was disgraceful. He knew Bisping was out and put his whole **** weight behind that. Hits like that can end careers and lives.

The reason UFC ruffles boxing fans feathers is because boxers like to think they're the toughest guys on the planet, but they're not. These MMA guys are. And the money and buzz is shifting towards the UFC now.

UFC will go the same way as boxing eventually.

It'll be a victim of it's own success, they'll start leaning towards padding records, big fights with much poorer fights on the undercard etc.

Boxers are still the elite, incredibly skilled. You wouldn't get a WWE wrestler walk into boxing and win a title after 4 fights.

UFC is boxing for dummies really.

UFC will go the same way as boxing eventually.

It'll be a victim of it's own success, they'll start leaning towards padding records, big fights with much poorer fights on the undercard etc.

Boxers are still the elite, incredibly skilled. You wouldn't get a WWE wrestler walk into boxing and win a title after 4 fights.

UFC is boxing for dummies really.

Just because he came from WWE doesn't mean that he isn't for real. He cleaned up in wrestling in college and is an absolute animal.

For what it's worth, I could easilly see him beating some of the champions at heavyweight.

Just because he came from WWE doesn't mean that he isn't for real. He cleaned up in wrestling in college and is an absolute animal.

For what it's worth, I could easilly see him beating some of the champions at heavyweight.

:crylaugh:

Beat them in a boxing match? :lol:

Did you see what happened when an MMA fighter tried to stand up with Ray Mercer?

:crylaugh:

Beat them in a boxing match? :lol:

Did you see what happened when an MMA fighter tried to stand up with Ray Mercer?

Yes, I did.

That was Tim Sylvia though, he's nothing like Lesnar as Brock can actually give and take a punch, whereas Sylvia is a fat, out of shape redneck.

Â