Nassef Sawiris

NurembergVillan

2 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Was there something about him being an Arsenal fan originally? 

Wonder if that influenced him to not be messed around by Spurs

Nah

He's just got balls of steel. 

3 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Was there something about him being an Arsenal fan originally? 

Wonder if that influenced him to not be messed around by Spurs

Arabs and Jews? 

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I wonder if he or Edens or both will be here tomorrow. 

And more importantly will Edens daughter be here? 

Just checking - you mean Saturday ? I’d hate you to get all the way to the ground tomorrow ...?

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Just checking - you mean Saturday ? I’d hate you to get all the way to the ground tomorrow ...?

Haha yeah Mallory will be there outside the ground - “But sidcow said he would be here....”

• Haha 1

Have we finally got owners who are the real deal ? - that elusive blend of money and a big dollop of common sense. He hasn't said much but the two players we have paid fee's for - look solid (if unspectacular) for this division - and even they don't cut the mustard we are  likley to recover a good whack of the fee paid - all sensible stuff.

Just hope he puts in an appearance on Saturday - absent owners make me nervous. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, hippo said:

Have we finally got owners who are the real deal ? - that elusive blend of money and a big dollop of common sense. He hasn't said much but the two players we have paid fee's for - look solid (if unspectacular) for this division - and even they don't cut the mustard we are  likley to recover a good whack of the fee paid - all sensible stuff.

Just hope he puts in an appearance on Saturday - absent owners make me nervous. 

He was said to be mr hands on ceo, and to be honest that was probably a bit odd as you'd imagine he had better things to do - but it does seem as though he has taken the villa in hand and is running it, based on the Grealish situation. Good.  

Noticed the Egyptian and USA flags above VP yesterday. With the owners talking about our history as a club, couldn’t help reading this article and hoping we’d see more about our heritage

https://birminghamhistoryblog.wordpress.com/2018/08/12/from-pleasure-park-to-villa-park/amp/

I know it’s not everybody’s cup of tea, but I love this sort of thing and would love to see the club embrace it. 

Aston Hall was built in the early seventeenth century by Sir Thomas Holte. Two hundred years later, on the death of Dowager Lady Holte, the 1,530 acre estate was put up for auction and purchased by Warwick bankers, Greenaway, Greaves and Whitehead on July 10th, 1817. They subsequently parcelled up the land and sold it on in suitable lots. James Watt Jnr. bought the Hall, part of what was known as the Upper Grounds of the estate, while a Mr H.G. Quilter bought up the Lower Grounds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Noticed the Egyptian and USA flags above VP yesterday. With the owners talking about our history as a club, couldn’t help reading this article and hoping we’d see more about our heritage

https://birminghamhistoryblog.wordpress.com/2018/08/12/from-pleasure-park-to-villa-park/amp/

I know it’s not everybody’s cup of tea, but I love this sort of thing and would love to see the club embrace it. 

Great stuff, thank you for the link. 

Â