Nassef Sawiris

NurembergVillan

15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

You mean you live in a massively overcrowded concrete cell and for a break from that you watch Villa from The North Stand?

Actually if you can put up with the exterior and cramped facilities the view from the upper tier is quite good.

The North Stand  that is. Not my house.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Actually if you can put up with the exterior and cramped facilities the view from the upper tier is quite good.

The North Stand  that is. Not my house.

I still like the way it perfectly mimicks the shape and proportions of the goal posts in front of it. It's like a giant goal behind the actual goal.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I still like the way it perfectly mimicks the shape and proportions of the goal posts in front of it. It's like a giant goal behind the actual goal.

And we still miss it!

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I. Didn't know that @The Fun Factory's house had goal posts in front of it! 

Something didnt sit right with me about that interview...i dont know what it is. it felt like they could have literally just bought any club aside from mentioning the year we were founded. it was so generic. maybe they're just not media friendly

11 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Something didnt sit right with me about that interview...i dont know what it is. it felt like they could have literally just bought any club aside from mentioning the year we were founded. it was so generic. maybe they're just not media friendly

I agree, it was stifled, the interviewer was nervous, they weren't very forthcoming. I don't think it's sinister, just like you say they prefer to stay out of the glare - and I don't think they actually have their plans worked out yet. Happy they take their time and get this right.

The Egyptian fellas smile at the start reminded me of the lawyer that defended the young Henry Hill in Goodfellas, bit creepy. Maybe he just doesn't like the spotlight. It did sound like they were being interviewed for a cleaning job. Tell us what you can bring to this great club. I doubt folks that rich appreciate being asked stuff like that.

"Don't tell me, show me"

After all the bullshit Dr.Tony came out with when he first bought the club, it's refreshing to see 2 actual business men be a little reserved. 

Would I like to know more of their plans? Of course. But i'm happy for them to just get on with it without the need to say things like "Aston Villa will be one of the biggest clubs in the world in 5 years".

• Like 4

At the early stages that make sense as I expect he wants to get a proper feel.for how the club operates, the environment and all those other intangibles you can't get from a spreadsheet. Not being media friendly is fine with me. We need acumen and wisdom, not ego right now.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

The Egyptian fellas smile at the start reminded me of the lawyer that defended the young Henry Hill in Goodfellas, bit creepy. Maybe he just doesn't like the spotlight. It did sound like they were being interviewed for a cleaning job. Tell us what you can bring to this great club. I doubt folks that rich appreciate being asked stuff like that.

He just doesn't know how to act in front of camera which is very common.

Look at the difference between Nassef and Wes in that interview. Nassef has stage fright, he looks like a rabbit in headlights which is normal as cameras make people very very self-conscious all of a sudden. Wes on the other hand? He's had media training for sure as he handled himself as if he does interviews like this every other week.

Nassef will get better at it if he chooses to, but I assume this appearance in front of camera will be a rarity and we won't see Nassef again for a while. 

• Like 1

Â