Season Tickets 2019/20

PieFacE

In recent weeks, as a member of the Football Supporters’ Association (FSA), MOMS has been privy to a few discussions on the topic of paid Away Season Ticket/Schemes in the Premier League.

https://www.myoldmansaid.com/away-season-ticket-scheme-vote-and-information/

So my take on this article (bearing in mind it's not definitive info, just a summary of the discussions) is that there were some that sent back too many tickets last year but got priority to the big games still (i.e. semi final). Those individuals will not be able to renew their away scheme memberships, as only those that attended a 'certain amount' of away games last season will be allowed to renew.

Following the renewals, a small number of new memberships will be on sale for season ticket holders this season, however only to those that attended a 'significant' number of away games last season. Furthermore, the Bournemouth game will be excluded due to the low allocation.

That's my interpretation of it anyway...i wasn't an away scheme member last season but was looking to be this season, but only did 5 aways so interested to know if 5 games would be considered 'significant'...i highly doubt it :(

• Like 1

I think it should be scrapped. Just do it how they used to do it, by having first criteria at 15+ aways then 12+ aways,  9+ aways and so on . It’s just a money maker imo and our most loyal fans are being made to lose out by paying more £ on top of their season ticket. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

https://www.myoldmansaid.com/away-season-ticket-scheme-vote-and-information/

So my take on this article (bearing in mind it's not definitive info, just a summary of the discussions) is that there were some that sent back too many tickets last year but got priority to the big games still (i.e. semi final). Those individuals will not be able to renew their away scheme memberships, as only those that attended a 'certain amount' of away games last season will be allowed to renew.

Following the renewals, a small number of new memberships will be on sale for season ticket holders this season, however only to those that attended a 'significant' number of away games last season. Furthermore, the Bournemouth game will be excluded due to the low allocation.

That's my interpretation of it anyway...i wasn't an away scheme member last season but was looking to be this season, but only did 5 aways so interested to know if 5 games would be considered 'significant'...i highly doubt it :(

Well, if so, that’s a relief. Thanks for posting, I’ve not been able to find anything !

I completely agree with the thinking, if that’s what they mean, but, fans were told last Season that they could return as many as they wanted, without sanction....so that’s partly the Clubs fault.

As @Rugeley Villasays, the easiest thing would be to simply go on games attended....15/12/9 ( although because last year was 25 Away games I’d start at higher than 15 ) they could change amount each day or near enough so shouldnt  hold sales up.

games attended probably is the fairest way. however it does result in away games being made up of an elitist club, that's very difficult to get into, as a consequence no one ever leaves. say there were 3k at leeds last season. how many of those aren't going to spurs? 100-200? the same away crowd continues to this season and no one can get in. you can argue that those deserve to go more than someone that did little or no aways last season, but i do feel that there should be the opportunity for 'new away fans'...say a small number (100 or so) in a ballot for all season ticket holders. i know chances of being successful would be slim, but at least you'd have a chance.

• Like 1

Plenty of games never sold out and made general sale during our relegation season. Since then however our support has got stronger and with the news that we will probably have 30k season ticket holders, away games will be hard to get to this season. 

On 25/06/2019 at 12:59, terrytini said:

Well, if so, that’s a relief. Thanks for posting, I’ve not been able to find anything !

I completely agree with the thinking, if that’s what they mean, but, fans were told last Season that they could return as many as they wanted, without sanction....so that’s partly the Clubs fault.

As @Rugeley Villasays, the easiest thing would be to simply go on games attended....15/12/9 ( although because last year was 25 Away games I’d start at higher than 15 ) they could change amount each day or near enough so shouldnt  hold sales up.

Tickets were never sent back with the away season ticket last season, as you never got the ticket automatically you brought them like everyone else it's just you were 1st in line so all it was, was a queue jump.

It wasn't like the old away scheme where you automatically got the ticket and had to send it back then the club had 5o resell it.  So anyone on the away scheme last season that didn't go meant that it made it easier for a fan who wasn't on the scheme to get the ticket.

Doesn't bother me tbh as I won't be refused this season as i went to pretty much all the games last season.

1 hour ago, Stuartc445 said:

Tickets were never sent back with the away season ticket last season, as you never got the ticket automatically you brought them like everyone else it's just you were 1st in line so all it was, was a queue jump.

It wasn't like the old away scheme where you automatically got the ticket and had to send it back then the club had 5o resell it.  So anyone on the away scheme last season that didn't go meant that it made it easier for a fan who wasn't on the scheme to get the ticket.

Doesn't bother me tbh as I won't be refused this season as i went to pretty much all the games last season.

I sent three back last season.🙂

edit - no I tell a lie, I cancelled three after I’d bought but before they were delivered.

Edited by terrytini

1 hour ago, Stuartc445 said:

As for your certainty you won’t be refused that’s the whole point - how do you know ? If they don’t set any criteria at all you would have no certainty .

I went to about 19 games but am not at all sure in the way you are.

On 25/06/2019 at 13:28, tomav84 said:

games attended probably is the fairest way. however it does result in away games being made up of an elitist club, that's very difficult to get into, as a consequence no one ever leaves. say there were 3k at leeds last season. how many of those aren't going to spurs? 100-200? the same away crowd continues to this season and no one can get in. you can argue that those deserve to go more than someone that did little or no aways last season, but i do feel that there should be the opportunity for 'new away fans'...say a small number (100 or so) in a ballot for all season ticket holders. i know chances of being successful would be slim, but at least you'd have a chance.

That’s fair enough although there were plenty of youngsters at every away game so I’m not sure it’s as hard to be a part of as all that ?

Also, it’s not really an “ elitist club” is it ? It’s just fans who have followed the team Away for a long while.... and a lot of it has been very unpleasant I assure you !

I have to say I’d be incredibly pissed off if I suddenly struggled for tickets !

As far as I’m aware though there were only about 1800 on the Scheme, so as long as the Club don’t mess it up( which is why there is a debate) there should be no problems.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

As for your certainty you won’t be refused that’s the whole point - how do you know ? If they don’t set any criteria at all you would have no certainty .

I went to about 19 games but am not at all sure in the way you are.

I think when they suddenly changed the rules a few weeks into the season the rule is that you'd have to have been to 75% of games 

45 minutes ago, Stuartc445 said:

I think when they suddenly changed the rules a few weeks into the season the rule is that you'd have to have been to 75% of games 

I’m not entirely sure what you mean here ?

Prior to the start of last season the Scheme was changed so that there was no minimum requirement. The Club just said they would monitor it and if anyone returned “ an excessive amount” they’d “ look at it”.

But.....

...the whole point is that we no longer know HOW they will operate it.

The only clue so far is that they scrapped the History requirement for the friendlies. 

Thats why there is a concern .

2 hours ago, terrytini said:

I’m not entirely sure what you mean here ?

Prior to the start of last season the Scheme was changed so that there was no minimum requirement. The Club just said they would monitor it and if anyone returned “ an excessive amount” they’d “ look at it”.

But.....

...the whole point is that we no longer know HOW they will operate it.

The only clue so far is that they scrapped the History requirement for the friendlies. 

Thats why there is a concern .

To be honest the ticket office is a shambles at the moment I've tweeted them asking for an update regarding the away scheme and all I get is a stock answer saying to keep checking the website. 

The fact that we are 6 weeks away from the start of the season and they haven't announced this is shocking and shows that the ticket office needs an overhaul. 

• Like 1