Israel, Palestine and Iran

Swerbs

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

What Palestine don’t need is a stooge government. They need the right to return, ability to control their air space and their coast etc. If you have that then Hamas no longer functions imo. 

I didn’t say anything about a stooge government. Only one that actually wants to bring the conflict to an end. Obviously one side or other can’t feel like they’ve been screwed or it’s a Versailles thing all over again and it’ll just start again.

They do need to accept reality though.

20 hours ago, bickster said:

Nobody attacks their own territory militarily, hence the absolutely false equivalence (which was painfully obvious from my post and reference to two Israeli cities)I'm not getting involved in a daft semantics argument about the term carpet bombing, I didn’t mention it because it wasn't relevant to the point I was making.

Now you're being antisemantic

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

Here's a good lecture by Dr. Sam Richards, I think both sides, and especially their supporters abroad could do with a watch of this.

Agree. Been watching his videos over the last few months. 

3 hours ago, omariqy said:

Disgusting 

Somewhat biased reporting regardless. It wasn’t a pro-Israel demonstration it was a protest against the increased instances of AS.

Why Pro-Palestinian protestors felt the need to be there in the first place should also be questioned

Surely as much as the situation in Palestine is terrible you’d have to question their motivations for being there. Their presence also should be questioned as much as the response they got from undoubtedly a small number of people captured in the video behaving intolerably 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I'm not sure why the confused reaction @omariqy how would you describe people that counter protested an anti-racism march?
Because essentially that’s what is going on here.

Yes it's also true that those on an anti-antisemitism march should also not be AS / use the language of the Nazis against others, thats despicable too

People on both sides need to have a good hard look at themselves.

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm not sure why the confused reaction @omariqy how would you describe people that counter protested an anti-racism march?
Because essentially that’s what is going on here.

Yes it's also true that those on an anti-antisemitism march should also not be AS / use the language of the Nazis against others, thats despicable too

People on both sides need to have a good hard look at themselves.

Agree on your latter point. My confusion was the fact that it’s Jewish people that are being targeted so they must see it as pro Israel march rather than anti semitism march. 

I believe this may one of the reasons. The other thing is there were some ‘anti facists’ there because as we know the far right seem to have a fetish for Israel. A bit like the far left have a fetish for Palestine.

It’s a shame really because I think we’ve seen there is more than enough people on both sides that want peace. Unfortunately we have extreme ‘governments’ on both sides which are stopping any sort of peace whilst also wanting a fear culture so the general populous can agree with their extreme ways.

5 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Agree on your latter point. My confusion was the fact that it’s Jewish people that are being targeted so they must see it as pro Israel march rather than anti semitism march

Then that’s their problem. It wasn’t a pro-Israel march and was never billed as such.

This just echoes the whole AS sides in the Labour Party (don’t go down that rabbit hole though, it'll drive you insane)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, omariqy said:

I believe this may one of the reasons. The other thing is there were some ‘anti facists’ there because as we know the far right seem to have a fetish for Israel. A bit like the far left have a fetish for Palestine.

This. Among other things which I find absolutely bizarre about these marches is the whole 'gays for Palestine' thing, when gays are literally raped, thrown in prison and killed in both Gaza and the West Bank. Someone brought a pride flag to the pro-Palestine march in Sydney and got absolutely torn to shreds by the pro-Hamas nutters..

It's a bit like the far-right supporting Israel, the only Jewish country in the world and completely jumping over the point where 8 million Jews were killed by far-right governments in the space of a few short years and essentially expedited the process of Israel coming to be in its current form.

The horseshoe theory really has found its place with these events, and a lot of the nutters are out protesting when they really don't know much at all about the issue. We live in a time of oxymorons where people are so riled up by algorithms and SM that they have lost the little sanity they had, the level of intellectual laziness currently infecting the West will lead to a breakup of our society at some point.

Most of the people at that march are there because there's a horrific increase in AS across the Western world including the U.K, and then you've got nutters latching onto whichever cause they can cause most havoc in.

Edited by magnkarl

The hostage exchanges seem to be going well which i am surprised with. 

Do Hamas gain much by releasing them? I guess they never wanted or expected 240 hostages in the first place so it must be a pain to look after so many people, including children, elderly and people with medical issues.

Whereas 50 hostages only of men of military age would make more sense for them?

I'm gonna regret asking, but can anybody outline why the Israeli national flag was so frequently on show at the march against antisemitism in the UK? It was clearly outlined as not being a pro-Israel march. Is it simply that some folks who rightfully protest against antisemitism in the UK, feel that the Israeli national flag is the most suitable emblem to show this position? I'm simply asking for someone to outline this....

11 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I'm gonna regret asking, but can anybody outline why the Israeli national flag was so frequently on show at the march against antisemitism in the UK? It was clearly outlined as not being a pro-Israel march. Is it simply that some folks who rightfully protest against antisemitism in the UK, feel that the Israeli national flag is the most suitable emblem to show this position? I'm simply asking for someone to outline this....

As with all of Judaism there is a mix of people. People who are Jewish who have no religious connection, people who believe Israel is the essence of Judaism, people who wave the Israeli flags because they believe antisemitism is a big factor in the conflict with Hamas.

It's like people going to England games and wearing their club shirt I guess. No direct connection, unless one feels the need to represent their specific team/value. 

• Thanks 1

Just another regular day in Palestine today.

Saw video of a 9 year old " Human Shield " or " Militant " ( Whichever whitewash Bollox works ) getting killed by IDF in the West Bank.

EDIT: This is the Militant...

Note: There is no Hamas in the West Bank

Screenshot_20231129_164429_Instagram-min.jpg

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

On 28/11/2023 at 13:23, ender4 said:

The hostage exchanges seem to be going well which i am surprised with. 

Do Hamas gain much by releasing them? I guess they never wanted or expected 240 hostages in the first place so it must be a pain to look after so many people, including children, elderly and people with medical issues.

Whereas 50 hostages only of men of military age would make more sense for them?

I've seen alot of women and civilian Palestinian " prisoners " released, so I guess they gain something.

The most exciting thing about these " prisoners " is that the large majority of them weren't actually charged with or guilty of anything.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just another regular day in Palestine today.

Saw video of a 9 year old " Human Shield " or " Militant " ( Whichever whitewash Bollox works ) getting killed by IDF in the West Bank.

EDIT: This is the Militant...

Note: There is no Hamas in the West Bank

Screenshot_20231129_164429_Instagram-min.jpg

Accidentally saw the video of this. Horrifying 

Â