Israel, Palestine and Iran

Swerbs

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Many congratulations to Israel for their Guineas Book Of Records achievement, most UN aid workers killed in a single conflict.

They worked for the UN in Palestine, ergo they're all antisemites who want to destroy Israel, aka all Jews.

Or something.

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

They worked for the UN in Palestine, ergo they're all antisemites who want to destroy Israel, aka all Jews.

Or something.

I think its genuinely disturbing that the UN have been dismissed by the UK in this and appear to have been sidelined until such time as the blood lust is quenched.

The UK pay billions for a seat at the top table. Why are we wasting so much money to be a leader of an organisation we wilfully ignore?

You’d think of all the political parties this current bunch of sheisters could see that’s billions they could be helping themselves to.

It's just mad how the Bedouin community is harassed by both sides in this conflict. Not only were about 10 of them killed by Hamas on October 7th, they're essentially hit by Hamas rockets on a regular because they have no air cover, and settlers in the West Bank seems to have it as much in for Bedouins as they do Palestinians, even if the Bedouin community has several battalions in the IDF and are known for being experts in fighting terrorist cells.

This is a mess all round.

• Like 1

I am honestly at a loss how these so called moral leaders can sit by idly whilst genocide is happening. They all seem to have been briefed to say the same exact thing and even when Trudeu accidently says ceasefire he somehow tries to work his way back to saying a humanitarian pause. The amount of dead children I've seen will live with me forever and I honestly don't know how they sleep at night.

A senior Hamas leader has refused to acknowledge that his group killed civilians in Israel, claiming only conscripts were targeted.

Moussa Abu Marzouk told the BBC that "women, children and civilians were exempt" from Hamas's attacks.

His claims are in stark contrast to the wealth of video evidence of Hamas men shooting unarmed adults and children.

New record, people who believe a “politician” = 0

link

Edited by Genie

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

The west really should start thinking about stopping providing arms to Israel now.  It's not a good look to keep providing arms to a country who doesn't really care about killing innocent people.

Agreed, but they are very capable of manufacturing their own arms. It's a massive industry there.

Just now, Mr_Dogg said:

Agreed, but they are very capable of manufacturing their own arms. It's a massive industry there.

Oh, I know.  But it would maybe give them something to think about.

How would Israel stand if all western cash stopped?  

RTX and Lockheed Martin would never allow the US president to send less weapon to Israel. Guess they could allow Trump (should he win) to send less weapon to Ukraine as long as he ups the delivery to Israel.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

The west really should start thinking about stopping providing arms to Israel now.  It's not a good look to keep providing arms to a country who doesn't really care about killing innocent people.

Since when has this been a problem? 

32 minutes ago, sne said:

RTX and Lockheed Martin would never allow the US president to send less weapon to Israel. Guess they could allow Trump (should he win) to send less weapon to Ukraine as long as he ups the delivery to Israel.

I work for RTX (a subsidiary).

And I agree.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Genie said:

New record, people who believe a “politician” = 0

link

Another top Hamas "official", who, from his luxurious residence in Qatar, claimed protecting the citizens of Gaza was not the responsibility of Hamas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

Or alternatively give severe restrictions as to what they are used for (see Ukraine).

Not sending Israel aid would be Hezbollah\Iran\Syria and a diaspora of jihadist group's wet dream, it would mean the erasure of Israel and many million of instances of what we saw on Oct 7th.

Defensive capability will always be important in the only 'liberal' place in the ME, it's got by far the largest gay population in the ME and would likely be a target forever by the arab states around it.

Edited by magnkarl

6 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Or alternatively give severe restrictions as to what they are used for

"No, no, don't worry. We didn't use your rockets to blow up that hospital. No. They were from somewhere else. Your rockets have only been used in self-defence. Obviously, we can't prove this because all the serial numbers are now deeply embedded into Palestinian children but, hey, you can trust us, right?!"

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

"No, no, don't worry. We didn't use your rockets to blow up that hospital. No. They were from somewhere else. Your rockets have only been used in self-defence. Obviously, we can't prove this because all the serial numbers are now deeply embedded into Palestinian children but, hey, you can trust us, right?!"

Children would have grown up to be terrorists anyway so in a way it was self defense killing those children. Or something.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

It would depend on what you're selling. The systems used to fire i.e ballistic missiles and guidance systems come with trackers. It's not beyond the scope of this that aid could come with trackers with oversight. It works really well in Ukraine.

Or alternatively, we could just let Iran and its allies sow even more terror and use Palestinians as sacrificial pawns. That is essentially what you're suggesting if we let Israel deal with countries who have attacked them 3 times since 1948, and terror groups who have done so on the behest of Iran since about 2005, completely without aid.

There are facets to all of this, arguing for stopping everything would be as evil as what Israel is doing now. Isn't this spiral what we're trying to avoid?

'You did x, so we're going to leave you to die thanks!'

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 1

Â