Israel, Palestine and Iran

Swerbs

21 minutes ago, momo said:

What kind of evidence do you need?

Actual evidence of your claim

21 minutes ago, momo said:

You don't like Palestine? Fine. Idgaf. Nobody said you have to.

You have no idea what you're talking about, You really should stop making stuff up in your head

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, momo said:

Palestinians in eastern european countries are afraid to utter the word Palestine. Do you want me to prove it? Do you want a zoom call with these people?

You mean those countries who officially recognize Palestine as a state? seriously?

International recognition of the State of Palestine - Wikipedia

640px-Palestine_recognition_only.svg.png

Edited by Tumblerseven
  • Haha 1

On 18/10/2023 at 16:36, Keyblade said:

One thing I can say is the amount of disinformation and/or cloudy information swirling around the internet is simply unprecedented. 

Like I can't tell if this was actually released by the IDF (some random account saying it doesn't make it so). But if it was it's morbidly hilarious that they did. We're meant to believe that some random Hamas fellas were casually laying out everything to each other over the phone in these weird accents. Who is this for?

I’m finding that with this conflict it’s really hard to gather what is the truth and what’s not. For most people I’d say this has become a problem, whether you are leaning towards support for Israel/IDF or Palenstine/Hamas. We know that IDF and Hamas are capable of and they have lied previously so when reports come out it’s actually hard to say if it’s factual or not imo.

We do know there’s a humanitarian crisis right now and war crimes have been committed. As with most things it’s the people in the middle that suffer, in this case majority of the victims are kids. Also that there are idiots over here and the rest of the western world that have decided to target Jewish people that are just minding their own business.

Between this conflict and the Ukraine/Russia war I think fake news is at an all time high and doesn’t seem to stop. It feels like we are in a new age information war.

Edited by Rustibrooks
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Mic09 said:

This issue is much less about religion as it is about nationalism, race, and western influence in the area. 

I'm not sure how you can draw a neat line between nationalism and religion. Jews came to Palestine (Mandate) because of persecution  ... and that persecution was mainly religious.

10 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Reports of Israel evacuating their embassies in the Middle East

Yep, and pretty much everyone now telling their nationals to get of Lebanon immediately. There’s obviously been a big diplomatic push to de escalate and keep this contained to Gaza but it seems to have failed.

US state department issued a world wide travel alert to all US citizens to exercise extra caution wherever they are.

Over last day Hezbollah has been attacking the comms network within northern Israel as part of prepping the battlefield.  Seems very likely now that this escalates into a wider confrontation, and the US, UK, and Germany are openly out in support of Israel. That at least should keep the Arab monarchies out of whatever happens next. 

I’ve little doubt that if a shooting war breaks out, Hamas and Hezbolah will ultimately get their arses handed to them. As far as Iran goes, many Arab states hate them as much as the Israelis. The limits to their self inflated opinion of themselves might come as a shock if they start stirring things.

2 minutes ago, meregreen said:

I’ve little doubt that if a shooting war breaks out, Hamas and Hezbolah will ultimately get their arses handed to them. As far as Iran goes, many Arab states hate them as much as the Israelis. The limits to their self inflated opinion of themselves might come as a shock if they start stirring things.

Israelis or Iranians, or both?

1 hour ago, Tumblerseven said:

Balkans and Central Europe See Rival Pro-Israel and Pro-Palestinian Protests | Balkan Insight

So you just make wild claim after wild claim and here people have to refute you or your wild claims stand and are true right??? thats the shtick.

Do Palestinians in Palestine have this free speech huh? they want from us EU more than from their government isn't that interesting huh?

Thanks for providing proof for @bickster. In that same article:

In Hungary, the government banned all pro-Palestinian events following the example of some Western capitals. It banned a solidarity demonstration for Palestinians in Gaza, which was organised in a Facebook campaign for Friday afternoon.

To me this is racism. But who am I to tell privileged white people about racism? They know better than me that racism doesn't exist. Supporting genocide in Gaza is ok then.

2 minutes ago, momo said:

To me this is racism. But who am I to tell privileged white people about racism? They know better than me that racism doesn't exist. Supporting genocide in Gaza is ok then.

To me, too.

But you really spoil (IMO) your point by the rest of the post. Certainly on VT, I've not seen anyone of any race claim racism doesn't exist - so why the hyperbole? And I've not seen anyone suggest that genocide anywhere is OK.

Your passion shines through, but some of the stuff you've posted seems almost like you're trying to find or make opponents, when actually both VT posters and the UK population generally is far more sympathetic to the plight of the Palestinians than you make out, or appear to believe.

The general gist of the "mood" as far as I can tell, on here, and more widely is "everyone, Hamas, Israel, Iran, Hezbollah, UK, US, anyone - stop killing and maiming people".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Actual evidence of your claim

You have no idea what you're talking about, You really should stop making stuff up in your head

Do you want me to get DNA samples? Witnesses? Are you saying that France, Britain, Hungary and Germany has not banned the Palestinian flag? Are you saying that France, Britain, Hungary and Germany have not banned protests for Palestine? If so, you should get out of your own head and look at the society around you. You are just a villatalk admin. You don't hold the power to define what racism is.

8 minutes ago, momo said:

Thanks for providing proof for @bickster. In that same article:

Calm down.

You’re not winning over your audience and I’d presume you’d like to convince people to support you’re argument.

The Palestinian flag has absolutely not been banned in the UK. Where are you based not to be able to see that?

1 minute ago, momo said:

Do you want me to get DNA samples? Witnesses? Are you saying that France, Britain, Hungary and Germany has not banned the Palestinian flag? Are you saying that France, Britain, Hungary and Germany have not banned protests for Palestine? If so, you should get out of your own head and look at the society around you. You are just a villatalk admin. You don't hold the power to define what racism is.

You really don’t do yourself any favours. You simply come across as someone at war with anyone outside your bubble.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, momo said:

Are you saying that France, Britain, Hungary and Germany has not banned the Palestinian flag? Are you saying that France, Britain, Hungary and Germany have not banned protests for Palestine?

Britain hasn't. Germany hasn't (though they have banned the Hamas flag). Hungary and France, I genuinely don't know.

8 minutes ago, momo said:

Are you saying that ... Britain ... have not banned protests for Palestine? If so, you should get out of your own head and look at the society around you

@Davkaus just a few posts before yours posted pictures of a big protest for Palestine in London that happened a couple of days ago. The flag isn't banned here. Protests for Palestine aren't banned here.

No ones right, killing is killing no matter what the reason. Hamas kills, Israel kills it's all the same to me, wrong.

As someone pointed out earlier, villatalk seems to represent the current situation,  poster justify killing today with a killing that happened yesterday.

Â