Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

15 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Joel Campbell? 

Is he too good for the Championship? Just saw Arsenal said he might leave the club. 

Or even Danny Wellbeck? Can't get a move to a Premier League club now, maybe he'd fancy dropping down rather than going abroad? 

EDIT: Just read Wellbeck is on £115,000 a week. WTF! 

Just goes to show, Arsene Wenger really did have a great sense of humour

3 hours ago, villan-scott said:

So close! Literally the car journey from the medical centre back to Bodymoor Heath and he would have been a Villa player. 

WAIT! You mean Bruce DIDN'T chase him down the M6 with a pen in one hand and a contract in the other?

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Joel Campbell? 

Is he too good for the Championship? Just saw Arsenal said he might leave the club. 

Or even Danny Wellbeck? Can't get a move to a Premier League club now, maybe he'd fancy dropping down rather than going abroad? 

EDIT: Just read Wellbeck is on £115,000 a week. WTF! 

I wondered about Campbell yesterday too.

1 hour ago, TheStagMan said:

WAIT! You mean Bruce DIDN'T chase him down the M6 with a pen in one hand and a contract in the other?

It's disgusting. Bruce gets unfairly criticised for poor team selection, gets pelters for setting teams up too defensively, attracts opprobrium for only motivating the team to play for 45 minutes, ridiculed for squandering funds on useless, old, white men who probably voted Leave and scorned for eschewing such overrated dinosaur concepts like tactics.

And when he fails to properly pursue a target like this he just gets a pass. Outrageous. I bet he was in the kebab shop ordering large chicken and doner in a nan, with salad, chilli, garlic mayo, fries and drink instead of hunting this fugitive down. Bruce Out.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Villa Transfers (Accurate one) has tweeted. A Loan to buy given the nod for possibly next week

Everyone is suggesting it is Robert Snodgrass.

That would be so good.  I'm delighted by the obvious love he has for this club.  Villa in all but actual contract.

17 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Villa Transfers (Accurate one) has tweeted. A Loan to buy given the nod for possibly next week

Everyone is suggesting it is Robert Snodgrass.

I know he has a good record but that’s gotta be one of the worst ITK tweets I’ve ever seen. 

1 minute ago, sne said:

As much as Snodgrass was good and might be a solid loan for this one I really don't see us buying him after this season as a good idea. He'd be 32 come the beginning of next season and likely want at least a 2 year contract.  These are the kind of deals we should avoid. 

Loan this season? Sure.

I'd concur. A loan for this season? Yes, he brings the right character and increases our options. However, I wouldn't want him to be viewed by Bruce an intended ever present who would stifle rotation by his presence. And I'd have big reservations about buying him next year unless we fail to get promotion, the fee is little more than a token amount and he is in a Champ club pay bracket.

If we were promoted, I wouldn't want him at all.

That said, wasn't there talk about NSWE vetoing Snodgrass and Terry returning despite Bruce wanting both?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

Transfermarkt.com says that his contract runs until 30.6.2020

I thought I read that a few weeks ago - that one of the main reasons to keep him at West Ham was that they would rather he was bought for a fee than loaned - due to running out of contract after this season. Was probably a Matt Scott report. 

Edit - must have been a reference to him returning and it being his last year of his contract. Which is good news as it means he technically would be a sell to buy. 

Edited by Jareth

4 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

How come?

Everyone knows we are looking for loan players. Very often they could be option to buy deals. There’s 2-3 weeks left of window so it ‘possibly’ being next week is 1 in 3 chance. 

He hasn’t really give us much has he really? 

I know I’m ungrateful. 

Â