Pre Match Thread

TheAuthority

3 minutes ago, supermon said:

yeah it will go on i reckon, I drove through Aston and was relatively fine, actually managed to drive into town a lot quicker today than any other day, less cars.  it isn't particularly icy either, so barring a freak weather shit storm today hopefully it'll go ahead :)

I think the 10 hours of snow forecast later today will be the difference - if the game was today of course it would be on , but  it’s all about what happens between now and tomorrow morning and that looks very bad indeed .

15 minutes ago, supermon said:

From the reports I've seen, the snow won't be too heavy.  fingers crossed for tomorrow

Check bbc weather . From 2pm to midnight 10 hours of snow even if light snow it will accumate and freeze in sub zero temperatures .

Temperatures will not get to 1deg until 1pm tomorrow - anyone thinking of going needs to check in the morning and see what develops .

However the bbc are not always correct like most forecasts so only time will tell

Edited by Eastie

Adomah fit, Grealish back Tuesday.

Hutton injured.

Johnstone

Elmo         Chester        Terry        Taylor

Snoddy    Bjarnasson  Hourihane  Adomah

Davis  Grabban

Time to bench Hogan as without Grealish the team won't play to his strengths. There's not point trying to shoehorn someone into Grealish's role as the attacking midfielder, instead we need to drop into a 4-4-2 and play both Grabban and Davis up top. Grabban to provide the energy and Davis to win the ball, win the flick ons and bring the midfield into the game.

Hopefully Onomah is no where near this one.

Bjarnasson in as he will be able to provide the legs in a two man midfield over Whelan & Jedinak

I have a good feeling about this one, and we should have too much for QPR

Thankfully there's been no more snow now for around eight hours and conditions have improved from yesterday afternoon/evening. I think it's a little more likely we'll be on now.

Good to hear Albert is back in the frame; hopefully Jack will be too.

19 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Thankfully there's been no more snow now for around eight hours and conditions have improved from yesterday afternoon/evening. I think it's a little more likely we'll be on now.

Good to hear Albert is back in the frame; hopefully Jack will be too.

Forecast to land around 14.00pm in Brum mate... Supposedly on till midnight. 

43 minutes ago, supermon said:

From the reports I've seen, the snow won't be too heavy.  fingers crossed for tomorrow

38 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Check bbc weather . From 2pm to midnight 10 hours of snow even if light snow it will accumate and freeze in sub zero temperatures .

Temperatures will not get to 1deg until 1pm tomorrow - anyone thinking of going needs to check in the morning and see what develops .

However the bbc are not always correct like most forecasts so only time will tell

Don’t go against Michael Fish, sorry I mean @Eastie and the weather @supermon!! 

I hope it’s on so that we can continue the momentum from last week! Plus weekends without football are crap! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Villa are saying the game will go ahead.

Villa are saying this - 

Our game with @QPRFC is set to go ahead as planned

The club will, however, continue to monitor the adverse weather conditions forecast over the next 24 hours and report back if circumstances change

#PartOfThePride #AVFC

13 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Villa are saying this - 

Our game with @QPRFC is set to go ahead as planned

The club will, however, continue to monitor the adverse weather conditions forecast over the next 24 hours and report back if circumstances change

#PartOfThePride #AVFC

I've just licked my finger, and quickly put it outside. The results of that, tell me we will be ok. The game will go ahead. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I've just licked my finger, and quickly put it outside. The results of that, tell me we will be ok. The game will go ahead. 

Sure  it was your finger ? 

• Like 1