Pre Match Thread

TheAuthority

Just now, AshVilla said:

Not a single PL fixture has been cancelled.

We have a PL standard stadium.

giphy.gif

Shows how much the PM care about the fans. The surrounding areas in parts of London are dreadful. They cant be endangering fans lives like this.

I was gonna drive up from London tonight to stay at my old dears before the game. 

Apparently the M40 is down to 1 lane as far south as gaydon. 

Not even the S3 will get up there ffs.

hope it’s cancelled now tbh, **** you lot, if I can’t go, no one should be able to 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Shows how much the PM care about the fans. The surrounding areas in parts of London are dreadful. They cant be endangering fans lives like this.

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It takes a special talent to misspell PL. :D

Theresa May doesn’t care about people either in fairness.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You can't blame this on poor Theresa.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, spiezels said:

I was gonna drive up from London tonight to stay at my old dears before the game. 

Apparently the M40 is down to 1 lane as far south as gaydon. 

Not even the S3 will get up there ffs.

hope it’s cancelled now tbh, **** you lot, if I can’t go, no one should be able to 

Joking aside I agree.....this will be the case for many. It’s no good police saying don’t travel, NHS saying only call 999 if it’s life threatening, then all popping off for a jolly ! 

Ive happily travelled, like many, to games in appalling weather, or whilst ill, but to travel when everyone is being asked not to, trains and planes are cancelled etc, seems a bit much.

In any event they never grit our estate so I’m trapped there’s 2 foot of snow over the whole hill....so call it off !

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Middlesbrough v Leeds is going ahead and they have had some terrible weather.

Had being the operative word - we are having it now and the game is tomorrow .

Had boro been due to play 2 days ago when they had the bad snow it would have been off .

theyve had 48 hours of fighting like mad to get the game on - we will have barely 2 hours in the morning  before any probable inspection - not a chance in hell .

we would all like to play ideally but not if there’s any risk to those travelling of attending the game - people’s safety must always come first 

Edited by Eastie

Seems bad in Aston - mail website just added 

Drivers in trouble on the Aston Expressway

One driver has told me : “A lot of people are out of their cars on the Tyburn Road link out of the city. They are stuck in snow and it is gridlocked going out of city towards Erdington.”

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/snow-birmingham-weather-roads-live-14352319#ICID=ios_BMNewsApp_AppShare_Click_Other

20 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Had being the operative word - we are having it now and the game is tomorrow .

Had boro been due to play 2 days ago when they had the bad snow it would have been off .

theyve had 48 hours of fighting like mad to get the game on - we will have barely 2 hours in the morning  before any probable inspection - not a chance in hell .

we would all like to play ideally but not if there’s any risk to those travelling of attending the game - people’s safety must always come first 

It’s also on the TV. We’re probably 20 mins from ground and have no chance of getting there currently. 

• Like 1