Pre Match Thread

TheAuthority

21 efl games off now so far with several more having inspections - I wonder if villa will wait until the morning or make a decision sooner as the forecast looks very bad for several hours yet - if it stopped snowIng even now I think it would struggle to on - will be like an ice Rink  on the roads too - stay safe and warm  chaps 

1 minute ago, Brumerican said:

I live 2 miles from Villa Park and it's getting dangerous now.

I can't see this game going ahead at all.

No point prolonging it really - no chance of it going ahead now .

1 minute ago, Czechlad said:

They will likely reassess tomorrow morning, but for now, I don't expect any word from the club.

Not much point - temperatures well below zero so the snow and ice will still be here tomorrow . 

‘We all know it’s going to be off .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Not much point - temperatures well below zero so the snow and ice will still be here tomorrow . 

‘We all know it’s going to be off .

No question for me. Don’t risk our fans lives, call it off and reschedule. This is what will occur with near enough all teams

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No question for me. Don’t risk our fans lives, call it off and reschedule. This is what will occur with near enough all teams

Trains and buses grinding to a halt and many roads gridlocked as traffic struggles to get up any hills - new st closed too with complete power loss and overhead lines damaged .

not sure what it’s like in derby but there game with Fulham may be the only survivor at this rate 

Edited by Eastie

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Can the club call it off or will it be an official?

Probably an official but looks a formality . 

‘That’s if an official can get there ;) 

Edited by Eastie

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Does anyone think the game might be called off? Because of the snow? I wonder if it's snowing in Witton. Anyone know?

No idea mate  , not even thought about it ;)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Also this would be stupid to play on a frozen pitch we could pick up injuries.

It's not worth it. Call it off and we prepare for sundeland

I think the pitch would be ok due to heating , it’s the surrounding area and safety of fans that will postpone it 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1