Pre Match Thread

TheAuthority

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Providing we don't have much tomorrow, the game will be on I think. It's been a rough week with it peaking today. 

Problem is it will turn to ice and surrounding areas need to be safe not just the pitch - Depends how much more we get but forecast is not good 

Bit of a random question.

In Australia, we have football teams that are labelled as whether or not they are 'good in the wet', which means their ability to perform in the rain.

Do you guys have this kind of classification in England? I've never heard it in my 8 years of supporting Villa.

1 minute ago, A'Villan said:

Bit of a random question.

In Australia, we have football teams that are labelled as whether or not they are 'good in the wet', which means their ability to perform in the rain.

Do you guys have this kind of classification in England? I've never heard it in my 8 years of supporting Villa.

This is England. Wet is normal

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Would it being postponed be a good thing for us?

It gives Albert and Jack more time to recover.

Depends if you hold Saturday 3pm kick offs dear, as this would be our last of the season at home.

Well they said there would be a lot of over night snow in midlands and London over night. London has had none so far (touch wood)

the later in the day it happens the more chance of it getting called off. I am sure the games up north like at boro will definitely get postponed 

11 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Sheffield Utd game is the first to fall victim. 

That was called off yesterday morning - forecast suggests another  10 hours of snow in Birmingham this afternooon and evening .

5 minutes ago, Eastie said:

That was called off yesterday morning - forecast suggests another  10 hours of snow in Birmingham this afternooon and evening .

Yeah dare say as the day/evening goes on they will come thick and fast. 

Most if not all clubs travel the night before so would have likely been given assurances.

6 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Yeah dare say as the day/evening goes on they will come thick and fast. 

Most if not all clubs travel the night before so would have likely been given assurances.

If things got no worse I think the game would be ok but today’s forecast was always the worst one for us and 10 hours of snow from this afternoon onwards would surely make a pitch inspection a formality - should be pretty easy in the morning to see where we stand -if the forecast is correct I don’t think the game will be on 

They have sent a email to supporters club just seen it this is what it says:

QPR tomorrow - weather etc.
Much discussion to be had this morning and will update on here as soon as I know anything. We caught the edge of the snow last night and will probably have more later.  We are still preparing full steam ahead for the match being on and constantly assessing current situation and forecasts.  Not 100% it will be on.

9 minutes ago, midian said:

They have sent a email to supporters club just seen it this is what it says:

QPR tomorrow - weather etc.
Much discussion to be had this morning and will update on here as soon as I know anything. We caught the edge of the snow last night and will probably have more later.  We are still preparing full steam ahead for the match being on and constantly assessing current situation and forecasts.  Not 100% it will be on.

They cannot make a decision until they see how bad the snow is today and tonight - would probably be an early morning decision tomorrow .

if the forecast is right the game will surely be off , if the forecast is wrong it should be on - we can only wait and see now and certainly we won’t know until late tonight or early tomorrow morning .

we are told another 10 hours of snow is coming late afternoon and tonight - time will tell.

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

yeah it will go on i reckon, I drove through Aston and was relatively fine, actually managed to drive into town a lot quicker today than any other day, less cars.  it isn't particularly icy either, so barring a freak weather shit storm today hopefully it'll go ahead :)