Match Thread: Villa v Barnsley

limpid

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Anyone got snippets of the goals? 

Only got to start watching at the end of the half ffs.

They're replaying the goals over and over again right now

Edited by Keyblade
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

You missed a very, very good half I'm afraid. But I can't see the second being worse. We're on fire atm.

I don't see us playing worse second half, but I fully expect Barnsley to nullify us a bit more assuming their manager is half decent at his job. I can't see us not scoring another couple goals though even if Barnsley do try and make a game of this. 

• Like 1

Whilst I'm not counting our chickens just yet, it is a lovely day of results as it stands.  We're up to 3rd (at the moment), SHA are confined to the bottom of the table and there is a glimmer of hope that Wolves are starting to stutter.  Let's hope Sheffield Wednesday do a job on Cardiff this evening. 

1 minute ago, trekka said:

Whilst I'm not counting our chickens just yet, it is a lovely day of results as it stands.  We're up to 3rd (at the moment), SHA are confined to the bottom of the table and there is a glimmer of hope that Wolves are starting to stutter.  Let's hope Sheffield Wednesday do a job on Cardiff this evening. 

Even if Wolves stutter, we're not catching them. 12 points is too big a gap for a team like Wolves to lose.

1 minute ago, Daweii said:

I don't see us playing worse second half, but I fully expect Barnsley to nullify us a bit more assuming their manager is half decent at his job. I can't see us not scoring another couple goals though even if Barnsley do try and make a game of this. 

I agree, but at the same time they have a to get two goals for a point. They can't sit back and we should exploit that to put the game out of reach for them. Think it could be interesting.

• Like 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

Even if Wolves stutter, we're not catching them. 12 points is too big a gap for a team like Wolves to lose.

Agreed. Really tough ask, but second place is definitely attainable now and I'm becoming more and more confident it might happen now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Sadly true I’m afraid.  But please feel free to ram those words back down my throat on the off chance we achieve the almost impossible. :)

Edited by DaveAV1

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I'd usually agree but weirder things have happened. Definitely possible. 

Just now, Keyblade said:

Yep, I agree with that, but making the gap much less would make my life giving a Wolves fan a lift to work much more bearable :) .