The Video Assistant Referee (VAR)

Stevo985

Just now, Adman said:

Handballiest handball ever.  Utterly impossible that someone has decided that handball was not handball.  

It was intentional. They were probably confused and overwhelmed because they are usually freeze-framing looking for any incidental ball-to-hand.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, a-k said:

I'm just surprised they didn't rule out Zaniolo's goal for a "foul" by Konsa on Hamer in the build-up.

I didn't celebrate that goal for exactly that reason. 

In reality, I should have been going mad as we grabbed a last minute equaliser to stay unbeaten at home this season. 

This is what VAR has created and us fans are the ones suffering. 

14 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Absolutely ridiculous, the more you watch that, the more you can't believe he's allowed to do it. 

He swings his arm at it then tries to grab Ramsey so it looks like he pushed him. Absolute Farce

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He’s using his arm to gain an advantage either way. That VAR only gave it a 10 second look is part of the problem. 

It only took me two seconds to see it, so 10 seconds should’ve been plenty

Stonewall handball Stonewall penalty

The fella should pursue a career with the Harlem Globe trotters 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

The goal ruled out because they haven't got the ball under control as a Sheff Utd player literally dribbles the ball out the box.

Meanwhile, City v Villa, Mings chests the ball down and is then challenged by Rodri who was 30 yards offside. No no, that's fine, it's another phase of play, goal given. Amazing.

• Like 4

I want to hear the audio from the disallowed goal, did they even discuss the phase of play? Insanity. I was screaming at the television that it's a different phase of play and i'm sure every Villa fan was as well. Sheffield are running off with the ball FFS!

The handball is also criminal. It's a clear, deliberate handball in the box. You can't swing your arm at the ball and intentionally control it, it was nowhere near the shoulder and if he didn't swing his arm out, the ball maybe glances off of him. Nobody is complaining if that's given a pen.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

The goal ruled out because they haven't got the ball under control as a Sheff Utd player literally dribbles the ball out the box.

Meanwhile, City v Villa, Mings chests the ball down and is then challenged by Rodri who was 30 yards offside. No no, that's fine, it's another phase of play, goal given. Amazing.

TBF, this was years ago, they acknowledged it was wrong and changed the rules/interpretation specifically because of that incident didn't they?

It's frustrating but doesn't make sense to look at incidents in different seasons when it's in areas where the rules and guidance have changed between those seasons

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

TBF, this was years ago, they acknowledged it was wrong and changed the rules/interpretation specifically because of that incident didn't they?

It's frustrating but doesn't make sense to look at incidents in different seasons when it's in areas where the rules and guidance have changed between those seasons

They didn’t admit it was wrong. They doubled down on why the decision was given on field „attacker receiving the ball is not offside” despite Rodri tackling mings, not receiving the ball from me. Changed the wording and said it won’t happen again. 

they never said they were wrong. 

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Yeh but it was still ridiculous and common sense would just tell you he has to be offside. Plus I am convinced if this was the other way around no way they would have given that goal to us vs City.

Even if the push on Watkins is not a foul and consistent with the Joelinton goal...the defender than has a handful of shirt that he yanks as well. 

To me, the Watkins push, handball, and Ramsey shirt pulling can't be waived as 'objective decisions' because they're so **** obvious. 

They are literally textbook infringements that will be shown as examples of what these fouls should look like. 

The way I view the shite decisions last night is that Sheff Utd fans can now stop bleating on about the ghost goal a few years ago.

I expected some questionable decisions last night, which was the case as 2 wrongs clearly make a right in the eyes of the PGMOL.

At least that’s what the conspiracy theorist that lives in my head thinks anyway.

Â