Products you would like to see make a comeback

AvfcRigo82

Long before Golden Wonder making us all redundant from selling "Wotsits" brand to Walkers in 2004 we used to make these..

Wotsits-Wafflers.jpg

Walkers launched their version of them just last year in bacon - but they are minging!... and smaller!  :angry:

Edited by AvfcRigo82

I used to love Rowntrees Mega Beans back in the day as munchies. they have been gone for a while now, probably lost due to the crack down on E numbers and sugar etc..

Someone very kindly left a review online and summed them up far better than I could have:

Spoiler

Out in Tesco one late night, the blue packaging of Mega Beans called to me for the first time. "Mega?" the green writing called, "Bean", I answered. And for 39p, I bought them.....

These new, fruity little beans are just a bit bigger than baked beans, and feel quite hard. But try one, go on! The teeth sink into bouncy chewy sproingy fruity goodness and you're hooked! They taste very juicy: a tiny bit sour, and have a consitency similar to fruit gums. They aren't too sweet either, though sweet enough to taste good.

Whoever decided to name them Mega Beans is a genius. What name could be more apt? Everywhere I see the word Mega, I giggle and cry BEAN!

The tastiest sweets I ever ate are Mega Beans, and they come in a bag containing five juicy flavours: strawberry, blackcurrant, lime, lemon and orange. They're a work of art in a tangy shell - buy them, I beg you, and while you chew, you can log on to the web site to play weird oingy boingy games.

The address is given on the package, which you can recognise as a small blue bag, with pictures of fruit and the beans themselves framing the Rowntree's logo and the words "Mega Beans", written in the style of a heart monitor - the 'M' and the 'A's forming the peaks. They're described on the pack as "fruity gum beans with bite!" and the back of the package throws words at us describing the beans: "long lasting!" "gum bouncing" "sharp tasting" "thirst quenching".

100 internet points to anyone that A: Remembers them B: Can find an image of the pack.

Yankee Stars crisps, which used to come in 5p and 10p bags, when I was at school. I've also not seen Fox's Classics in a while, which used to tremendous. Also I've not seen anywhere sell pineapple rock (not cubes) in ages. I used to love that stuff.

I'd also like to see Toffee Crisp and Tango go back to their old recipes.  

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

My 4.5 Kilo bar of Toblerone says hello :wave:

SEVENTY-FIVE QUID???  :o

They have then in my local Morrisons for £57, and that made my jaw drop. Costs MORE per 100 grams than it would to buy the equivalent amount of smaller bars. Whatever happened to economies of scale? 

Screenshot_20171204-154153.png

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Bored at work for an hour so thought this would be a fun thread to kick off.

Somewhere in our lives we have became fond of a food product over the last 25 years only to see it discontinued.

If you could, What food product would you bring back?

I will kick off with 'Fry's Five Centres' bars.

view.php?id=71

Discontinued in the late 80's.

I agree on this one. Although I'm sure somebody told me recently that you can still get them in Ireland. Paging BOF... 

Marmite brought out an extra matured version called XO..... it was "matured for a further 28 days" or something like that and it was lush !!

£4 a jar, so it was an occasional indulgence but oh boy....what I'd give to see it back :D

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

SEVENTY-FIVE QUID???  :o

They have then in my local Morrisons for £57, and that made my jaw drop. Costs MORE per 100 grams than it would to buy the equivalent amount of smaller bars. Whatever happened to economies of scale? 

Screenshot_20171204-154153.png

in a non ghey way , my mate bought it for me as he saw it and thought of me and my love of Toblerone ... and also cause he's a vindictive Sod and knows I'm currently not eating chocolate ( 5 weeks and counting so far ) but yep think I came to the same conclusion it was cheaper to buy the bars  ... nice gesture though , unless he shop lifted it

I shall mainly be eating it over the Christmas period  , with a small break for Turkey on Christmas day

12 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I agree on this one. Although I'm sure somebody told me recently that you can still get them in Ireland. Paging BOF... 

Outrageous if true.

But Cadburys IRE do tend to do other products that get imported to this country weirdly.

For instance in your local asda/tesco they have designated polski sections, scottish etc. In the IRE sections you do see bars of Cadbury Mint Crisp, Tiffin and also Diary Milk in a green foil??

They also make the "99" Flakes there too.

19 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Outrageous if true.

But Cadburys IRE do tend to do other products that get imported to this country weirdly.

For instance in your local asda/tesco they have designated polski sections, scottish etc. In the IRE sections you do see bars of Cadbury Mint Crisp, Tiffin and also Diary Milk in a green foil??

They also make the "99" Flakes there too.

For a second there I read that as 99 inches and thought that would put tony's Toblerone to shame!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dAVe80 said:

Golden Wonder Cheese and Onion crisps were always nicer. Perfect for a crisp butty, and in green bags!

They do still make them just about, but finding Golden wonder crisps now are very limited.

More chance finding em in multipacks at a local farmfoods or home bargains near you nowadays since Walkers have and KP have the shelves to themselves these days.

• Sad 1

Â