The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

11 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Barcelona found guilty of tapping up Antoine Griezmann while he at Atletico Madrid.  Their punishment?  €300 (three hundred Euro) fine.   I presume they paid in cash before leaving the court. 

In a wheelbarrow of 1 cent coins

On 24/09/2019 at 16:29, Zatman said:

Probably the greatest player I have seen play but I have always had Xavi as a bit of a dick

https://www.football-espana.net/81108/xavi-hernandez-qatar-society-better-spain

Not sure how he ignores the quasi-slavery going on there, but I guess it's because he's filthy rich. But when you somehow overlook that as he does and you compare how countries take care of their citizens, the Gulf states are second to none. You won't ever find a Qatari or a Saudi filing for "medical bankruptcy" or crippled with student loans for example so if you squint hard enough you can kind of see his point.

11 hours ago, Keyblade said:

you compare how countries take care of their citizens, the Gulf states are second to none. You won't ever find a Qatari or a Saudi filing for "medical bankruptcy" or crippled with student loans for example

Given that those states have so much oil money that they can't actually spend it  having free healthcare and education is the least you would expect. 

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

Given that those states have so much oil money that they can't actually spend it  having free healthcare and education is the least you would expect. 

America for example has almost as much oil and is by far the richest country and has a higher GDP per capita than almost all of them lol

14 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Not sure how he ignores the quasi-slavery going on there, but I guess it's because he's filthy rich. But when you somehow overlook that as he does and you compare how countries take care of their citizens, the Gulf states are second to none. You won't ever find a Qatari or a Saudi filing for "medical bankruptcy" or crippled with student loans for example so if you squint hard enough you can kind of see his point.

No but you might find a few getting imprisoned or even killed for trivial 'crimes' such as apostasy and blasphemy, women having to adhere to a strict dress code in public as well as continuing to face segregation in many public spaces/ places, reported torture of women's right activists etc. And let's not forget it's strong commitment to export Wahhabism across the world which is an utterly disgraceful and pathetic ideology and the genocide in Yemen.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

No but you might find a few getting imprisoned or even killed for trivial 'crimes' such as apostasy and blasphemy, women having to adhere to a strict dress code in public as well as continuing to face segregation in many public spaces/ places, reported torture of women's right activists etc. And let's not forget it's strong commitment to export Wahhabism across the world which is an utterly disgraceful and pathetic ideology and the genocide in Yemen.

Saudi was an extreme example, no pun intended, to show that even such a horrible regime has the basics covered, which is what I think Xavi was getting at while obliviously ignoring the horrible part.

7 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

On the flip side the roads are clean and well maintained. 

Swings and roundabouts  :ph34r:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Speaking of Qatar, 28 women withdrew from the marathon last night as it was too hot to run

And the stadium was almost empty during large parts of the afternoon. Might have filled in during the evening?

A couple of 1000 in a 40000 stadium on the opening day.

Men's 50 km walk is tonight, will be fun. 4 hours in 35-40 degrees Celsius and 85-90% humidity. 

On 27/09/2019 at 06:37, Keyblade said:

America for example has almost as much oil and is by far the richest country and has a higher GDP per capita than almost all of them lol

But, capitalism duh.

If people want to be poor that’s their choice. God bless my gun.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Â