Pre match thread

roonst83

On 30/10/2017 at 17:34, TrentVilla said:

I think we’ve all seen enough of Bruce’s away tactics against top half sides to know how we will approach this one.

Sit deep, hoof and hope.

May or may not work, not sure I can face watching any more of it though.

Yep , it's certain to be a watch your windows night  .

Should have dropped Onomah for O'Hare tonight and played Taylor at left back. To not have O'Hare on the bench at least is very questionable considering Thor is on there! 

Hutton is terrible at left back, just ask Isaac Vassell who now faces months out through a cruciate injury due to Hutton being unable to make a left footed challenge. Taylor should be back in! 

Like others have said - struggle tonight, and fail to win, and things will turn a bit ugly later.

3 minutes ago, Enda said:

Hutton didn't disgrace himself + Steve Bruce.

He didn't but he is not a left back. The balance is wrong, Adomoh has to drop back too much and Taylor is one of the best left backs in the league. He will probably end up coming on anyway. 

The only reason can be fitness. Otherwise it's madnes!! 

Its the line up I expected, we were doing really well with 442 but the defeat to Wolves has made Bruce go all defensive again.

I was expecting the bench to have some attacking players though in case we concede, as that line up wont be creating many chances at all. Someone like Grealish or O'Hare after his hat trick. Theres 3 central midfileders in the line up who arent very creative at all, in Hourihanes case I think its due to instructions but thats another debate.  

After seeing the line up, and with that what beckons with this game, living so far away with dilapidated coverage is a blessing in disguise.

0 - 0, MOTM going to the busiest person at the game, the ball boy.

Just now, decamoto said:

Playing Hutton is showing the squad if you play well then you keep your place. Reckon Taylor should still have got the nod but can see Bruce's thinking. 

He hasn't played well. It has severly hindered us going forward if anything.

Staggering management.

No Kodjia, Preston with a makeshift defence with 5 first choice players missing, An U23 team full of goals raring to be included today. Hmmm what shall I do Bruce ponders?

i know, i can name 7 subs ill make sure 5 are defensive minded, have a goalkeeper of course and last one? Better make it some one with 1 goal in the league all year.

5 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I hope Hourihane is the attacking mid and not Onomah. Onomah's best matches for us when he was picking up the ball deeper. 

Hopefully they play as a 3 and both bomb on. Onomah in the hole doesn't work.