Pre match thread

roonst83

Disappointed and we havent kicked off yet, its going to be a long night.

Criminal that a) Hutton is starting at left back even though Taylor is back and b ) Grealish, Lansbury & O'Hare haven't made the bench.

Pretty annoyed that we haven't had the balls to go 4-4-2 and give Hogan a go as well.

• Like 2

That Hutton selection makes no sense at all. I think he's rewarding performance from previous game as what he did last game with Onomah and it will bite him in the arse because Hutton is not better than Taylor. That or Taylor has a niggle. 

4 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

One up front again, another game of lump ball ffs

Didn't you know? Steve Bruce always plays adventurously, with 2 up top. He was only playing lump ball temporarily for the last 12 months as an entirely new 11 might be low on confidence after a totally different set of players were relegated. Makes total sense. Oh wait, no, he was planning on "building the team around Grealish". Oh wait, no, he's doing neither and still playing horrendous hoofball because that's all he knows. #rantover

• Like 1

I think we'll win this - I share some of the feeling about the starting line up, and especially the bench given the way O'Hare performed on Monday - but I still think we'll take it. This is basically a gamble on Onomah - if he plays well and links the middle together for us then we win. No pressure son.