Pre match thread

roonst83

If anyone was expecting an exciting, attacking, adventurous, line-up you have not been paying attention to our manager.  Safe, conservative, take not risks or chances, if a man starts and plays well, he starts the next game regardless of opponent.  (unless injured of course)  kids start only when forced because of injuries unless they are on loan.   That's our manager all over.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

To be fair, this formation worked out fine previously, but it depends on Onomah doing well, or the other forwards firing, and also playing our best back 4. It does feel like we've one hand tied behind our backs. 

If Onomah has a mare again where does he go? 3 defenders on the bench surely only 1 FB and 1 CB is ever needed? Grealish or OHare should be on the bench. Throw Thor in the u23 and let him fight for a place with Grealish and OHare just leaving him on the bench is a joke especially when he's frightened to use him. Bruce will never rotate players and it'll always be the kids who lose out to his so called experienced ones. In Jan I think we will have a problem with players wanting out. 

Haven't won in their last 3 at home. We can win this. 

Id go with the Jed and Whelan. Don't really care about the football anymore as I know it will be dire regardless of formation or players.

They just don't hold the ball well enough so set up is irrelevant. It's all about the result every game. Win ugly away from home and im happy with that. 

Its good as it well get.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Haven't won in their last 3 at home. We can win this. 

Id go with the Jed and Whelan. Don't really care about the football anymore as I know it will be dire regardless of formation or players.

They just don't hold the ball well enough so set up is irrelevant. It's all about the result every game. Win ugly away from home and im happy with that. 

Its good as it well get.

Teams been out half hour! 

1 minute ago, smg said:

A lot of people on here going to be disappointed if we get a result tonight but will still find a way to give Bruce some stick no doubt.

No one will be disappointed if we win but that doesn't mean you can't  criticise Bruces team. Especially after what we saw Sunday and the fact we've got a bunch of u23 players chomping at the bit to play. It seems plan A is to keep it tight and plan B is to keep it tighter that's not good enough. I think the thought of being 9th is scaring the crap out of Bruce. 

• Like 1