Pre match thread

roonst83

Can't wait for this game tonight... which means it will be a thoroughly depressing, dull game where we set up to not concede... Not that I'm a pessimist

My choice of side would be:

Johnstone 

Elmo  Chester  Terry  Taylor

Snodgrass Whelan  Hourihane  Adomah

Hogan    Davis

For me 4-4-2 is the way to go here against what their fans are describing as a make-shift defence. It's last chance saloon for Hogan but I think he will massively benefit from having Davis next to him to bring down the inevitable long balls forward. The two of them together along with Adomah & Snodgrass should be able to do some real damage and alleviate the pressure on our own back 4.

A bench consisting of at least 3 or 4 of Onomah, Jedinak, Grealish, Lansbury & O'Hare and we should have too much for Preston.

Expecting us to lose so anything else is a bonus really:

GK Johnstone

RB Elmo

CB Chester

CB Terry (c)

LB Hutton

RM Snodgrass

CM Jedinak

CM Hourihane

LM Adomah

ST Davis

ST Hogan

Subs: Steer, Taylor, Samba, O'Hare, Whelan, Onomah, Grealish. 

Just now, alreadyexists said:

Sorry to sound naive, where does O’Hare generally play? Is he a number 9 sort of striker or is he more a forward? 

i thought he was more of a number 10, but i may be wrong.

Game-wise, a win here would be a really great result.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Feeling pretty up for this, can’t wait for us to score as that will take the nerves away.  Come on Villa! 

Im contemplating one bollock or balls deep in the 9/4 :P 

4 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Can't wait for this game tonight... which means it will be a thoroughly depressing, dull game where we set up to not concede... Not that I'm a pessimist

My choice of side would be:

Johnstone 

Elmo  Chester  Terry  Taylor

Snodgrass Whelan  Hourihane  Adomah

Hogan    Davis

For me 4-4-2 is the way to go here against what their fans are describing as a make-shift defence. It's last chance saloon for Hogan but I think he will massively benefit from having Davis next to him to bring down the inevitable long balls forward. The two of them together along with Adomah & Snodgrass should be able to do some real damage and alleviate the pressure on our own back 4.

A bench consisting of at least 3 or 4 of Onomah, Jedinak, Grealish, Lansbury & O'Hare and we should have too much for Preston.

That is the formation i have wanted to see all season. I just cant see Bruce going for it. I think it will be that line up with Onomah or Jedinak instead on Hogan. 

If i was placing a bet i would say he will go with;

Johnstone

Elmo     Terry    Chester   Hutton

Jedinak    Whelan

Snodgrass    Hurihane     Adomah

Davis