January transfer window 2018

Jareth

46 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Nick Powell looked decent yesterday on MOTD, impressed me a lot. Playing well below his level in league one.

Yes but with a name like that he must be an estate agent. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Nick Powell looked decent yesterday on MOTD, impressed me a lot. Playing well below his level in league one.

Problem we have at Villa is Nick was available on a bosman last summer and would have came to Villa if we was interested then and went in for him.

He went to Wigan who will now will want the best part of £8mil+

1 hour ago, praisedmambo said:

January transfer threads are depressing when you read new posts and they're never about January transfers, and specifically never about news of that striker we desperately need.

Being in the Championship kind of killed the excitement of transfer windows. But I'm also kind of glad. I remember when we were excited about Alex Tonev and Nicklas Helenius and co joining our club :D 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Being in the Championship kind of killed the excitement of transfer windows. But I'm also kind of glad. I remember when we were excited about Alex Tonev and Nicklas Helenius and co joining our club :D 

It was worth signing him for this.

helenius.jpg

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Can you imagine if there was VAR available. The ref going over to the screen and watching his pants being pulled down over and over again before making a decision!! 

Wouldn't think they would have watch it from too many angles to confirm the fact they want a word with that ref on Monday morning.

7 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Do you mean Jordan Amavi who has become a French international since joining Marseille?

Or Idrissa Gueye who is now arguably the Premier League's best defensive midfielder?

Or Ciaran Clark who was Newcastle's Player of the Season when they were promoted?

Or Carles Gil who has had 2 major operations since joining Deportivo, yet has still averaged more assists per game in La Liga than Christiano Ronaldo since he joined?

Or Ashley Westwood, who despite not yet establishing himself in their starting XI, has impressed at Burnley, who are currently 8th in the Premier League?

Or Adama Traore, who finally has a decent manager, has started scoring and assisting and has been named man of the match for Middlesbrough in his last 3 games?

Or Alan Hutton, who I never claimed was a world beater, but has now established himself in our starting XI as one of our better players?

Amavi - talented but wasn't suited for English football. Looked appalling for us. 

Gueye - decent but lets not go overboard. 

Clark - good in the Championship yes, he was poor in the Premier League for us. I'd have kept him when we got relegated for what its worth. 

Gil - what does this stat even mean? Gil s a creative midfielder. Ronaldo is a striker (a selfish one).  Gil has more assists? Wow. Gil has scored 1 goal in that time. Ronaldo has scored 62! 

Westwood - barely plays for Burnley

Traore - Still miles behind Adomah in terms of what he has actually achieved since the swap. He may turn out to be a decent player but why has it taken about 6 managers to get 3 good performances out of him?

Hutton - I like Hutton! 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

That is a cringing list of players.

TBH ive not heard of any bar Marriott and dare say if they hadn't knocked us out the cup then wouldn't have a scooby either.   

• Like 1