Match Thread: Villa v Bolron

limpid

Just now, ender4 said:

So just based on comments in this thread...

We had a poor half, and ref was awful, but are winning 1-0.    

Hopefully our best half is still to come :D

I'm OK with another poor half like that. And it just might happen.

Overall a poor performance.

Bolton are obviously the worst team in the division, which is fair enough when their team consists of free transfers. Worryingly they have still had a few opportunities to score, we need to be wary of Armstrong and Ameobi out wide as they keep picking up space.

They're trying to bully Keinan out of the game, but to be fair he's holding up well, I think Kodjia seems a bit off the pace compared to the previous two games, which you can expect after his injury. 

I'd take Whelan off for Onomah, he's played a few nice passes but overall has been very poor again, and I'm sure the referee would look forward to sending him off given he's one foul off a second booking.

We need to up the tempo, the midfielders are very laboured in their passing, and the times we do speed it up Bolton can't hold their shape.

We really need another goal, otherwise it's going to one of those classic Villa games where Bolton nick an equaliser.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

So just based on comments in this thread...

We had a poor half, and ref was awful, but are winning 1-0.    

Hopefully our best half is still to come :D

We were ok, it was "VT bad" :lol: I.e. 0-0 after 10 minutes.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

So back to playing shit and winning. We won't get away with it against wolves.

Still though, 6th as it stands and as long as Bruce doesn't do his normal soul crushing half time team talk we should win this.

Someone should be repeatedly slapping kodija in front of a tablet with a replay of his epic greed on it shouting "PASS IT". One of the worst footballing decisions I think I have ever seen.

1 minute ago, VillaAlex said:

Overall a poor performance.

Bolton are obviously the worst team in the division, which is fair enough when their team consists of free transfers. Worryingly they have still had a few opportunities to score, we need to be wary of Armstrong and Ameobi out wide as they keep picking up space.

They're trying to bully Keinan out of the game, but to be fair he's holding up well, I think Kodjia seems a bit off the pace compared to the previous two games, which you can expect after his injury. 

I'd take Whelan off for Onomah, he's played a few nice passes but overall has been very poor again, and I'm sure the referee would look forward to sending him off given he's one foul off a second booking.

We need to up the tempo, the midfielders are very laboured in their passing, and the times we do speed it up Bolton can't hold their shape.

We really need another goal, otherwise it's going to one of those classic Villa games where Bolton nick an equaliser.

I must say Onomah has been quite unsteady lately. Would not bring him on.

We definitely could do with a bit more pace out there - Bolton are a strong, tall, team of defensive cloggers and are mostly handling the way we are playing without a great deal of difficulty because it suits them. It's a shame we don't have Green to come on. 

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

We definitely could do with a bit more pace out there - Bolton are a strong, tall, team of defensive cloggers and are mostly handling the way we are playing without a great deal of difficulty because it suits them. It's a shame we don't have Green to come on. 

This is perfect for Hogan now because Bolton will have to step up. 

3 minutes ago, romavillan said:

So back to playing shit and winning. We won't get away with it against wolves.

Still though, 6th as it stands and as long as Bruce doesn't do his normal soul crushing half time team talk we should win this.

Someone should be repeatedly slapping kodija in front of a tablet with a replay of his epic greed on it shouting "PASS IT". One of the worst footballing decisions I think I have ever seen.

He took so long to finally shoot it was like he was having a conversation with themselves about whether he should pass. It was like slow motion! Bolton are pants.

• Like 1

Poor. Very poor. If we play like that second half we run the risk of not winning. We need to go gung ho second half for first 15 mins get a second and then take it easy as Bolton are quite poor but look dangerous when amoebi has it.

take whelan off as he is a red card waiting to happen.