Crypto currency

PieFacE

From Twitter: BREAKING: DeFi100 coin exit scams, and runs away with $32 million in investors funds. Website is now updated with the message “We scammed you guys, and you can’t do shit about it”

Tweet is in spoiler tags because it contains the f-word, so only open if you don't mind such foul language

Spoiler

Edited by HanoiVillan

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Market is ded. Either an excellent time to buy, or we're done for 4 years. Trade wisely. 

All feels a bit too quick to be a proper end to a bull market, at least compared to 2017. But yeah, who knows, worrying though as im dusting off chunks every time I've refreshed my balance over the last few days.

2 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

All feels a bit too quick to be a proper end to a bull market, at least compared to 2017. But yeah, who knows, worrying though as im dusting off chunks every time I've refreshed my balance over the last few days.

Have you tried not looking? Leave it for 5 years and see what it's worth then. That's my plan, unless it goes down to like 5 or 10k again then I'd top up. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Have you tried not looking? Leave it for 5 years and see what it's worth then. That's my plan, unless it goes down to like 5 or 10k again then I'd top up. 

I did that through 2017. The crypto market will tank over the next couple of years and I'll come back and stock up on some good coins/projects. I didn't plan to hold any once the end of this cycle happens, I don't really see the point given none of them held their value last time.

39 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

I did that through 2017. The crypto market will tank over the next couple of years and I'll come back and stock up on some good coins/projects. I didn't plan to hold any once the end of this cycle happens, I don't really see the point given none of them held their value last time.

I'm not good enough at predicting the end of cycles so figure why bother. I'm confident it'll be worth more than it is now in 5 years time so I'll ignore it and top up if it does crash low enough (or looks to have settled when I occasionally check up on it). 

Yeah I'm not either, would never get out at the top it's next to impossible. If it did mimic the 2017 run I was expecting this little burst now and then a slow/breakeven stretch the rest of the year before a big surge.

There are some I'd like to hold long term but I'll come back and stock up on more when they are cheaper. Just looking at the prices of some of these in pre-Feb this year, huge gains some people will have had. 

There was a good point made by an analyst on the radio this morning, currencies are backed up by the economy of the trading block that uses them. Example, the dollar or pound are worth something because they are supported by the US/UK economies. Crypto is worth something because it is backed by the criminal economy, drugs, tax evasion etc. Once governments realise that then crypto is dead. At the moment investing in it is a game of musical chairs. 

38 minutes ago, villa89 said:

There was a good point made by an analyst on the radio this morning, currencies are backed up by the economy of the trading block that uses them. Example, the dollar or pound are worth something because they are supported by the US/UK economies. Crypto is worth something because it is backed by the criminal economy, drugs, tax evasion etc. Once governments realise that then crypto is dead. At the moment investing in it is a game of musical chairs. 

This is so false. And fiat isn't used for these things? 

Crypto is traceable (public ledger). Cash isn't. Which one do you think Criminals will use more? 

There's a lot of things that back crypto and decentalisation in general, the whole "it's only used by criminals" argument is just a lazy one. And Governments aren't going to start banning it (imo) and risk being left behind. If that was going to happen it would have happened years ago. 

Businesses completely run from only holding crypto assets. I've been getting paid my monthly salary in Bitcoin for about 4 years now. It's more than just for criminal use, it's a hedge against inflation and money printers (and so much more). 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I almost bought an ETH earlier in the week for just over £1300. Worth £2,000 now.

Darn it.

It might dip again soon.   I bought at $2300, it dipped to $1900 , went to $2900 and is now $2700 (in the space of 5 days).

• Like 1

Â