Crypto currency

PieFacE

1 hour ago, MCU said:

Just awaiting verification on the Gemini app before I start investing in some cypto. Where's good to go? Dogecoin?

Signup to Coinbase and do their “training” videos. You’ll make £23/24 for 5 minutes of effort.

Dogecoin will drop like a stone at some point and leave many people broke. Could be tomorrow, next month, or in a decade, but it will because it’s shamelessly proud to be built on sand.

• Thanks 1

On 10/05/2021 at 14:28, MCU said:

Just awaiting verification on the Gemini app before I start investing in some cypto. Where's good to go? Dogecoin?

Doge is okay, but ONLY if it's a short-term by/sell. I wouldn't hold onto it long-term hoping for anywhere close to Bitcoin/Eth level value. It has no real world use and it's current value is largely down to Elon Musk joke-hyping it on Twitter (he holds lots of useful crypto too, like Bitcoin/XRP, so Dogecoin is just him entertaining himself online)

XRP and Cardano are the most promising at around a £1 (nice dip price on XRP at the moment) and have actual real world applications and partnerships. The guy behind Cardano is the guy who created Ethereum.

VeChain is a nice dirt cheap long-term option with huge upside. Personally, I really like VeChain, XRP, Cardano, and even Theta in the long term.

51 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

Doge is okay, but ONLY if it's a short-term by/sell. I wouldn't hold onto it long-term hoping for anywhere close to Bitcoin/Eth level value. It has no real world use and it's current value is largely down to Elon Musk joke-hyping it on Twitter (he holds lots of useful crypto too, like Bitcoin/XRP, so Dogecoin is just him entertaining himself online)

XRP and Cardano are the most promising at around a £1 (nice dip price on XRP at the moment) and have actual real world applications and partnerships. The guy behind Cardano is the guy who created Ethereum.

VeChain is a nice dirt cheap long-term option with huge upside. Personally, I really like VeChain, XRP, Cardano, and even Theta in the long term.

Thanks mate. Been doing a lot of research into it all this week. Crypto is the only investment I don't really have my finger in at the moment. I'd like to leave my money in long term but even from just reading this thread you've got to be a lot more switched on with the market. I mean, a single tweet from Elon Musk dropped bitcoin by 5k or so this morning. That influence is ridiculous. Comes days after he joked about Tesla accepting dogecoin too causing it to increase. But yeah, still trying to weigh everything up to be honest. Will take a look into the one's you mentioned.

35 minutes ago, MCU said:

Thanks mate. Been doing a lot of research into it all this week. Crypto is the only investment I don't really have my finger in at the moment. I'd like to leave my money in long term but even from just reading this thread you've got to be a lot more switched on with the market. I mean, a single tweet from Elon Musk dropped bitcoin by 5k or so this morning. That influence is ridiculous. Comes days after he joked about Tesla accepting dogecoin too causing it to increase. But yeah, still trying to weigh everything up to be honest. Will take a look into the one's you mentioned.

The market can be extremely volatile. The best thing to do is see what partnerships these coins are forming and go from there.

Tweets (such and Elon's and whatnot) only really cause a short term spike. He set up accounts for his kids to hold Dogecoin, so he probably does it and then skims the profits from the inevitable spikes. Then buys back in when it inevitably dips. That's my theory anyway.

Just had a little dabble on Binance, I don’t know what enough (nothing) so only a small amount on to see what happens to it. 

Now to read up on the ones I’ve “invested” in.

On 13/05/2021 at 11:51, Beastmix said:

The market can be extremely volatile. The best thing to do is see what partnerships these coins are forming and go from there.

Tweets (such and Elon's and whatnot) only really cause a short term spike. He set up accounts for his kids to hold Dogecoin, so he probably does it and then skims the profits from the inevitable spikes. Then buys back in when it inevitably dips. That's my theory anyway.

Yep I'm convinced Elon Musk is manipulating the market for his own gain.

Tesla bought a shit load of bitcoin, announced they were going to accept BitCoin as payment for their vehicles. The price rocketed. Then they later announced they wouldn't be accepting BitCoin because of "environemental" reasons and the price plummeted again.

I don't know if they sold some or all of their bitcoin before that second announcement but I'd bet good money that they did.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep I'm convinced Elon Musk is manipulating the market for his own gain.

Tesla bought a shit load of bitcoin, announced they were going to accept BitCoin as payment for their vehicles. The price rocketed. Then they later announced they wouldn't be accepting BitCoin because of "environemental" reasons and the price plummeted again.

I don't know if they sold some or all of their bitcoin before that second announcement but I'd bet good money that they did.

Musk has said recently they didn’t sell any Bitcoin (after lots of speculation that they had). 
I agree with you that he’s manipulating the market though. The fact that a tweet from 1 man can send the price rocketing shows just how volatile it is.

I’m convinced there are offices of nerds pulling the strings on lots of the bit crypto currency’s. When they decide to force the price up of down, that’s what happens. All the YouTube crypto market experts are as bad as fortune tellers. Complete frauds.

I’ve seen a few stories about people falling for this, but a teacher, really?

A victim of online scammers, who was conned into giving away her savings, has warned others not to make the same mistake.

Julie Bushnell said she felt ashamed and embarrassed after falling for a Bitcoin fraud that cost her £9,000.

It used the name of entrepreneur Elon Musk and a story on a fake BBC website suggesting she could double her money in a giveaway of the cryptocurrency.

The Brighton teacher said: "I think about it every minute of every day."

Ms Bushnell, an investor in cryptocurrency, spotted an item on a website that appeared to use BBC News branding, claiming Mr Musk, the billionaire boss of the Tesla car firm, would pay back double the sum of any Bitcoin deposit.

She paid £9,000, which she had saved for a deposit on a new home. When no reciprocal payment arrived it dawned on her that she had become the victim of a scam.

She said: "It has affected me massively. I wish I could have that time back - go in a time machine and not make those couple of clicks."

20 hours ago, Genie said:

I’ve seen a few stories about people falling for this, but a teacher, really?

Greed overrides any other thought in some people. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Massive drop in Bitcoin and Etherium due to China saying they are not allowing crypto anymore.

Time to buy or further falls incoming?

Wow, just seen this.

I do wonder if the environmental impact of mining Bitcoin in particular will cause it to be phased out by a lot of countries. Will exchanges start to delist it to show their green credentials?
I’ve no idea though! 

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Wow, just seen this.

I do wonder if the environmental impact of mining Bitcoin in particular will cause it to be phased out by a lot of countries. Will exchanges start to delist it to show their green credentials?
I’ve no idea though! 

I think the environmental impact will become a bigger concern going forward.

How can people worry about recycling, using their car less, green energy, etc... but then be pro-Bitcoin?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I think the environmental impact will become a bigger concern going forward.

How can people worry about recycling, using their car less, green energy, etc... but then be pro-Bitcoin?

Exactly, more energy has been consumed mining Bitcoin than the country Argentina.

_116917907_v266cd8de5-cf2e-4fb0-ba22-e6d

• Like 1

Â