Crypto currency

PieFacE

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I don’t think you can use models and computers to predict things like Bitcoin. Loads of people had big predictions about Bitcoin during the last bill run, and it ended up halving and maintaining that position for a couple of years.

hmmm fair point. 

I kinda think you look at previous market cycles to get an idea about the future, history doesn't repeat but it does rhyme and all that.

Also, the S2FX model makes a lot of sense to me. Really wouldn't shock me to see $250k+ Bitcoin by the end of the year. Then I suspect it could have a 70-90% drop in the years to come.

Though Bitcoin is in a bit of a different place now that institutions (see Tesla, Microstrategy) are buying it. Maybe it won't have that 90% dip this time. 

Good explanation on the S2FX model here if anyone is interested.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/04/2021 at 11:07, BOF said:

Ripple has taken a jump.

XVpREpj.jpg

XRP is the way forward (unless you have the money to throw on Ethereum). XRP will sky rocket as soon as the utterly baseless court-case against it is concluded (but hopefully not thrown out - resolution is better for the market value). It's a sleeping giant.

Cardano has some interesting stuff in the pipeline too. Good team/endorsements behind it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I can't believe how laborious it is to get some of these alt coins. I now have about 5 new accounts for various services and I'm still not there. 

Why would you need five accounts? For cryptos not hosted by certain trading sites?

2 hours ago, Beastmix said:

Why would you need five accounts? For cryptos not hosted by certain trading sites?

I don't, but I read a few things and took advice on what to sign up for and kept finding I couldn't actually do what I needed to.

First I got a new Revolut account as recommended by a friend. After seeing the restrictions on trading and the fact you can never withdraw your coins I decided it was a bad idea.

So then I downloaded Bitmart and couldn't make any sense of it at all. These first two are now completely redundant and I'll probably ignore them.

So then I signed up for Coinbase. Nice and easy, but I still didn't understand how to get hold of all the coins not listed.

So then I signed up for Binance as I read that the easiest way to trade a lot of these coins is by transferring Binance coins to Trust Wallet and following a process there. I could not for the life of me get Trust Wallet to work when converting to smartchain, so I thought there was still an issue with that...turns out it was taking hours and bouncing back to lots of people as it was so busy.

On a positive note, I've learnt far more than I expected to in the last 24 hours!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I don't, but I read a few things and took advice on what to sign up for and kept finding I couldn't actually do what I needed to.

First I got a new Revolut account as recommended by a friend. After seeing the restrictions on trading and the fact you can never withdraw your coins I decided it was a bad idea.

So then I downloaded Bitmart and couldn't make any sense of it at all. These first two are now completely redundant and I'll probably ignore them.

So then I signed up for Coinbase. Nice and easy, but I still didn't understand how to get hold of all the coins not listed.

So then I signed up for Binance as I read that the easiest way to trade a lot of these coins is by transferring Binance coins to Trust Wallet and following a process there. I could not for the life of me get Trust Wallet to work when converting to smartchain, so I thought there was still an issue with that...turns out it was taking hours and bouncing back to lots of people as it was so busy.

On a positive note, I've learnt far more than I expected to in the last 24 hours!

I haven't deposited for a while and don't really do crypto anymore so things might have changed but the easiest ways I found to navigate it was to:

- use Rebolut purely to move money from my UK bank account to an exchange (usually Coinbase), they're quick and cheap compared to doing regular banking. 

- once money was on Coinbase I'd transfer it to Coinbase pro and buy BTC ir ETH as they had good rates. I'd then send this to the exchange that had the coins I wanted. 

- use the exchange (binance was a good one) to swap the BTC to whatever alt I wanted. I'd then transfer coins offline to a secure wallet. 

I did also like the Blockport exchange before it ran out of money and went tits up as they offered coins and finance transactions. It was a decent one service option (with limited alts admittedly). They have been bought out since but think they're now only in other European countries and not the UK. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone has the Coinbase app there’s free money  up for grabs.

They have a series of “watch a video, answer a question and earn $x in a given crypto currency”. Best thing is you don’t need to watch the video as the question has multiple choice answers and you can can keep guessing until you get the right one.

I now have £24.04 worth of a bunch of tokens for free (5 mins of my time).

04-BB8-F79-8-D94-4563-A1-B5-D6347-C38-A4

I can sell them for cash and withdraw to my bank if I want (I’ll let them run for a bit of fun).

Edited by Genie
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Genie said:

If anyone has the Coinbase app there’s free money  up for grabs.

They have a series of “watch a video, answer a question and earn $x in a given crypto currency”. Best thing is you don’t need to watch the video as the question has multiple choice answers and you can can keep guessing until you get the right one.

I now have £24.04 worth of a bunch of tokens for free (5 mins of my time).

04-BB8-F79-8-D94-4563-A1-B5-D6347-C38-A4

I can sell them for cash and withdraw to my bank if I want (I’ll let them run for a bit of fun).

If you ever needed confirmation this speculation bubble is gambling at best. I loled.

On 03/04/2021 at 09:59, Tegis said:

Rule of thumb, don't keep your coins in a exchange. Always use a form of offline or local computer-wallets with planty of backups.

My buddy does this. He has an offline wallet, but he's starting change his opinion on it. Apparently the regulation of the big coin banks are starting to become fairly safe, in terms of your holdings.

Remember me and my buddy were recommended Ethereum from a bloke at a pub like 3-4 years ago. Was waaay back. We talked about it and kind of concluded we should take advice from a drunk bastard.

Oh well.

20 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

If you ever needed confirmation this speculation bubble is gambling at best. I loled.

It’s a free, small investment. I’ve got nothing to lose by letting it ride for a while (unlike gambling).

Although in general terms a lot of investing in crypto currency is very similar to gambling. 

On the FLIXX journey it’s getting to make it break time.

The word from the CEO is that they have a done deal with one of the big 5 Hollywood studios to start hosting some of their content and it’ll commence from August. He’s suggesting new, better exchanges will be coming soon. Then hinted maybe a second studio is also coming on board.

He’s either a massive bullshitter or things could get very interesting in the next few months. 

After the last big surge the price has settled at around $0.05 which puts my £6k investment at about £30k value (volume is still low so selling is not that easy). Hopefully it’s got a quick 10-100x spike coming…

1 hour ago, Genie said:

It’s a free, small investment. I’ve got nothing to lose by letting it ride for a while (unlike gambling).

Although in general terms a lot of investing in crypto currency is very similar to gambling. 

No chance. An investment is buying an asset based on underlying instrinsic value that generates future returns. This is speculation where you just hope the purchase fee puts you in the green and someone else ends up holding the bag. This is speculation.

But that's my personal take on it. I know some people view it differently. It's always nice to be given money I guess, so fair play to you. But crypto isn't investing in my book.

I personally just set aside money for crypto myself. A small amount I guess, but it's after recommendation for my friend who recommended me BTC and a whole list of other crap many years ago that have mooned since then. This time I'm gonna drop £ 5 k on it and let it ride. I'll let you know what when I'm done buying.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

14 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

No chance. An investment is buying an asset based on underlying instrinsic value that generates future returns.

These tokens are part of projects that have real world uses. They might tank or fail but they are part of a concept (unlike DOGE for example).

Its free money, I’ll see what happens.

Have you done the videos / quizzes yourself? For the sake of a few minutes it’s worth doing.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Genie said:

After the last big surge the price has settled at around $0.05 which puts my £6k investment at about £30k value (volume is still low so selling is not that easy). 

Thats a great return already! 

When you say difficult to sell, what do you mean? You can't dump it all? Like shares in a company? Do you need willing buyers?

I need to sort out my investments this weekend. Got far too much money tied up in cash and non performing equities. 

13 minutes ago, Xela said:

Thats a great return already! 

When you say difficult to sell, what do you mean? You can't dump it all? Like shares in a company? Do you need willing buyers?

I need to sort out my investments this weekend. Got far too much money tied up in cash and non performing equities. 

I have about 800,000 of the tokens and there’s not a huge amount of buyers really. Attempting to dump them all in a short space will kill the price. Most people, like me, have been holding for a long time and not willing to sell at the current price. I could sell them, or exchange them but the price wouldn’t be great as it would involve taking up all the shitty buy orders.

Once the price gets up a bit more people will start releasing their tokens for sale and the liquidity wheel will start turning.

I don’t want to sell yet anyway tbh. I bought them with profits from the matched betting game so it’s easy come, easy go.

The plan is to sell about half at about $0.6 and then see what happens.

The price shot up a few weeks ago when the whisper of a studio partner came out. I think once the news is confirmed fully (August they say) and they start selling the token at more popular exchanges it has a lot of potential to shoot up.

A couple of year ago it touched $0.96 before they even launched the app.

• Like 1

Â