Crypto currency

PieFacE

21 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Nice! Wish I hadn't lost 500k tokens of that to Kucoin now. Would imagine people are starting to look at Theta alternatives now. 

Liquidity still an issue, hopefully it catches fire a bit and some decent volume goes through the exchanges. 
If it gets to half of what it did in 2018 then I can sell half of my holding and pay my mortgage off.

25 minutes ago, Genie said:

Liquidity still an issue, hopefully it catches fire a bit and some decent volume goes through the exchanges. 
If it gets to half of what it did in 2018 then I can sell half of my holding and pay my mortgage off.

Fingers crossed mate. Bull market is still early imo. Would definitely look to exit the markets by December/January at the latest as that tends to be when the next 3 year bear market begins. On the assumption that previous crypto market cycles repeat. 

• Like 1

Just did my first sale to test the process, and clear validation hurdles in case things blow up fast.

I thought the fees would be higher so I’m happy about that.

Transferred 25,000 FLIXX from my offline wallet to the exchange so I could sell into the FLIXX / BTC market. It cost £13 for that transfer.

Sold them for just over $2,800 worth of BTC. Sent the Bitcoin to Coinbase for $29 where I sold them for £2,014 cash. Withdrew to my bank for free.

Thats 3% of my holding sold for 25% of my investment.

Just another 775,000 Flixx to go. Hopefully this upward trajectory continues but who knows. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Genie said:

What did you buy and sell at? 😬

Bought in pre-ico (early 2017ish) which I think was about $0.30. Held it for 4 years and sold a couple of months ago at around $0.50. Profit is profit but man, brutal looking now.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Bought in pre-ico (early 2017ish) which I think was about $0.30. Held it for 4 years and sold a couple of months ago at around $0.50. Profit is profit but man, brutal looking now.

This is the problem.

If you sold at $8 you’d be pleased, until it went to $80. 
It could also have gone back to $0.01.

Its almost a certainty you’ll sell too early (and buy too late). As long as you’re happy with your prize then it’s all good. Onto the next one.

Are you not tempted to get back into FLIXX?

Edited by Genie

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Are you not tempted to get back into FLIXX?

Nah not after losing so much of it. Mainly just into Bitcoin atm with the occasional bit of trading/quick flips to try and increase the BTC that I have (ultimately, Bitcoin will go on a mega run at some point).

There's loads of hype around DeFi and NFT tokens atm so mainly playing around with them when I touch alts. Not really getting involved with much from the tokens from 2017 now. 

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Nah not after losing so much of it. Mainly just into Bitcoin atm with the occasional bit of trading/quick flips to try and increase the BTC that I have (ultimately, Bitcoin will go on a mega run at some point).

There's loads of hype around DeFi and NFT tokens atm so mainly playing around with them when I touch alts. Not really getting involved with much from the tokens from 2017 now. 

I have no idea what NFT is but there’s lots of recent buzz about FLIXX having it 🤷‍♂️ 

They’ve also said they have agreed a partnership with a one of the big 5 Hollywood studios (but not revealed who yet). I’m expecting / hoping for a big kick when they announce that.

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

I have no idea what NFT is but there’s lots of recent buzz about FLIXX having it 🤷‍♂️ 

They’ve also said they have agreed a partnership with a one of the big 5 Hollywood studios (but not revealed who yet). I’m expecting / hoping for a big kick when they announce that.

NFT = Non-fungible token

The tl;dr of NFT is that you can claim/prove ownership of a digital item. 

Can be used for other things probably but I dunno all that much about it. 

• Thanks 1

How vital is it to pay attention to market cap? I have seen people discuss it and say that it is the most important thing to look at when it comes to making investments, however on the contrary I have seen other experienced investors say that paying too much attention to it is actually dangerous... I can see arguments for both sides, but would like to know more about it. 

Very new to crypto btw, only started last week by putting a couple of quid into Cardano - mainly to satisfy my curiosity I have been lurking for a while. 

Are these things safe now? I set up a coin  base wallet a few years ago and had to go through a lot of security checks. (Photos of id etc, which I was worried I’d theft etc) Before I purchased anything I heard a lot of people having their Bitcoin stolen and not having any security to get it back. As such I never invested. 

Edited by mikeyp102

9 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Bitcoin stolen

Rule of thumb, don't keep your coins in a exchange. Always use a form of offline or local computer-wallets with planty of backups.

Edited by Tegis
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Tegis said:

Rule of thumb, don't keep your coins in a exchange. Always use a form of offline or local computer-wallets with planty of backups.

Just don't then lose it or forget your passwords! 

• Like 1

What do you guys think of PlanB's S2FX model?

That dude is currently predicting that bitcoin will be worth $300k at the end of the year using his models. Smart dude though, some of his podcasts are excellent.

10 hours ago, PieFacE said:

What do you guys think of PlanB's S2FX model?

That dude is currently predicting that bitcoin will be worth $300k at the end of the year using his models. Smart dude though, some of his podcasts are excellent.

I don’t think you can use models and computers to predict things like Bitcoin. Loads of people had big predictions about Bitcoin during the last bill run, and it ended up halving and maintaining that position for a couple of years.

Â