• John Terry
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Neil Warnock
    • Aitor Karanka
    • Claude Puel
    • Carlos Carvalhal
    • Other (please state)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/17 at 06:08

Just now, magnkarl said:

How's MON doing these days? He's the only guy since our famous runs that have made us play any sort of effective, exiting football.

4-4-2 mi-lord.

Could be available next month if Ireland fail to win in Wales.

34 minutes ago, KHV said:

Cant believe people are on about deBoer, he only knows the Ajax way. The dutch league only has 3 teams in it and it's a shit league. Ajax have been playing the same way and have their youth system in place for decades. deBoer tried to implement the Ajax way at Inter and it was a total disaster, he then tried it at Palace and it was a total disaster. The Ajax way is works at Ajax as they have been doing it that way for about 30 years and it can't be copied over night. Ajax promotes from within the club, all the Ajax players have played football that way since they were about 6 years old. Could you imagine him rocking up at Villa Park with his brand of total football? Our lot can barely string 3 passes together never mind 30 or 40. It also requires movement, our lot can't even move for a throw in. It would be a disaster, having said that I imagine XIa and Wyness would probably go for it as between them they don't seem to have any clue how to run a football club.

All steps towards the 'Villa Machine'

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Would anyone have MON back??

I'm pretty sure he would get us to the premiership with his player motivational abilities but i wouldnt want him spending the cash when we get there.

Edited by HeyAnty

49 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I would be also asking the newly promoted managers too. Ok they may be Premiership now,  but i'm sure they could be tempted back for the right package. You never know? Wagner is quality wish we could tempt him.

Or maybe even Rafa?..   :rolleyes:

Just now, Michael118 said:

How about a Lambert/O'Neil dream team? O"Neil in charge of player management and Lambert in charge of transfers. I'd take that.

With Sherwood as Director of football and Roy Keane as dunce.

• Haha 2

I think we do need to think about poaching someone. I think if we make our move after boro for jokonvic he may come as fulham have not started well and he will recognise we are a bigger club and more likely to get promoted with this team and resources at his disposal.

Out of all the free agents no one really inspires me. I wanted moyes before bruce but now i definitely dont want him

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Would Frank De Boer be an option, had a bad start at Palace but before that he was manager of Ajax and won four titles there.

De Boer hasn't had a good year and half now. Struggled at Inter and sacked at Palace. His Ajax team was very good, but I'd imagine De Boer really is lacking confidence at the moment, and that is not the type of manager we need. We need a manager to come in who is confident and will get the fans excited again. 

2 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

Most Villa fans would agree with you Blandy. This has been obvious since well before the end of last season, and yet the two people who are paid very good money to both regulate and oversee the football side of things have failed to act, or even acknowledge that there's a problem.

I honestly believed in time he would change this and I honestly believed John Terry would make a significant difference in the problems we had.

sadly on Saturday, I changed my opinion.....that turgid offering as football must be condemned to the rubbish bin .....and the Dr must comprehend, we are not going to tolerate it either.

• Like 3