New Manager 2017 Part 2

mwj

Just now, Zatman said:

Sam retired at Palace. They wanted keep him and much bigger pull sadly

That's a shame, I thought Bruce would be perfect and I feel the same about Sam as he always talks very well of Villa. 

Clutching at straws, he's bored and wants a new challenge :D

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It won't be jokanovic unfortunately we would need to pay Fulham 5m in compensation 

id go for Warnock. Pardew I don't like him as a person but short term he gets excellent results

And I reckon the club can barely afford to sack Bruce let alone pay money to bring someone else in. 

I proposed Jokanovic last year when I was asked "who would be better" but in our current state, we are crying out for a big personality, someone who lifts the whole club.  We are so low at the moment, we are desperate for someone who the players can rally behind and have belief in.  I think Allardyce could do that, Pardue has the arrogance but not sure the personality, I am running out of options.  We need the Big Ron/GT type factor otherwise we will stay in this division and slowly die.

We need a big name Manager more than a new midfielder, striker or GK.  Break the bank, make a statement, go big or go home!!

7 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

And I reckon the club can barely afford to sack Bruce let alone pay money to bring someone else in. 

He has a couple months left on his contract so that part is not a worry at all

Just now, lexicon said:

Mellberg for me. Loves the club, all the fans love him but most importantly he's doing a good job at the moment (on course for back to back promotions). 

If we weren't so desperate for promotion I'd agree and happily give him a few years. But the pressure would be intense straight away and I'd hate to ruin our chances of having him do something special here. 

Mellberg for manager is when we are a bit more stable IMO. 

• Like 1

Thomas Tuchel? :ph34r: No but seriously, looking at managers out of work now Christoph Galtier or Markus Weinzierl would be interesting.

Definitely agree with the make a big statement comment. Just can't put a name to it.

Just now, DCJonah said:

If we weren't so desperate for promotion I'd agree and happily give him a few years. But the pressure would be intense straight away and I'd hate to ruin our chances of having him do something special here. 

Mellberg for manager is when we are a bit more stable IMO. 

I agree with this.

warnock I think is in a rolling contract so we won't have to pay much. I think he would be quite interested

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He has a couple months left on his contract so that part is not a worry at all

Bruce is on a rolling 12 month contract, so it always has 12 months remaining - we'd owe him 1 years salary if we sacked him (around £2m I guess).

3 minutes ago, thejoker said:

Bruce is on a rolling 12 month contract, so it always has 12 months remaining - we'd owe him 1 years salary if we sacked him (around £2m I guess).

EDIT you are right. But at least lower than a 3 year deal

Edited by Demitri_C

I really am at a loss who would and should come in. 

When RDM went I really wanted Dyche, but no way he will come now. 

I thought and hoped Bruce would be just what we need. But it doesn't seem to be.

So where now? May as well go JT and at least give a young manager a try.

I would add, whoever comes in he has to have the assistant and backroom staff of his choice. When was the last time a manager came in with the full back room staff? Lambert?

Edited by mikeyp102