Pre-match thread

KJT123

2 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Swap O'hare for Whelan, and I'd say this midfielder is stronger than the one we started against Hull.

That's probably not a bad shout. 

With Adomah and Green either side of him, Hogan needs to really take advantage tonight and start building that confidence with a goal or two. 

• Like 1

I do worry that this side are a little lightweight, a determined bunch of lower league sloggers will terrify these. If we get playing, I think we'll be fine, but if they get the middle of the park off us, this could be tougher than it should be.

Like the team...

Thor at LB is interesting, will be good if it works. 

There is enough experience to balance the youth. 

However we need to be on the front foot, I don't want to see Samba and Chester under the cosh for 90 minutes. 

C'mon lads play with confidence. Put Colchester on the back foot and hammer them. 

And can we please play more than 45 minutes of football!

Pleased with watching the first 2 games of the season. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz

15 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Like that line-up. Also, Richards not even on the bench. Excellent to see. Maybe he's on his way out?

Maybe injured... he was taken off injured in one of the preseason games.

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I want to come to England just once so I can experience football at 8 at night instead of 4 in the morning.

I went to Villa Park for the first time last year, and it was great. Definitely an amazing experience. I am going back next month. I'd highly recommend going out to England and catching a match if you have a chance. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In many ways it's a more interesting and creative line up than on Saturday. 

It really shows our strength in depth as a championship team and highlights how there really are no excuses for Bruce this year.

Really really hoping that hourihane and hogan more than anyone play awesome tonight and gain some much needed confidence.