Pre-match thread

KJT123

15 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Am I correct in thinking the last time we beat a side in a cup match in 90 minutes was WBA in March 2015?

We beat Liverpool in the semi after the WBA game

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think we'll play a fringe team and I think we'll lose.

Who do you class as fringe?

The likes of Bree, Samba, Hourihane, Onomah and Thor should be able to handle Colchester. 

I'm normally fairly positive before games, but I just have a feeling we'll make a total meal out of this. It's just a feeling I've got that we'll struggle. I hope I'm wrong and we look comfortable. It's all fairly pointless though as the league is the main objective.

23 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

The likes of Bree, Samba, Hourihane, Onomah and Thor should be able to handle Colchester. 

Yes them. And yes they should. 

But I still think we'll lose.

22 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We say this every year. The likes of <list Villa players> should be able to handle <crap lower league side>. 

And they never do. 

Guys its like floods down here in London, Colchester isnt that far from here, if weather is anything like here it could get postponed. I know they saying they protecting pitch but its like a swimming pool in the streets here! 

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Guys its like floods down here in London, Colchester isnt that far from here, if weather is anything like here it could get postponed. I know they saying they protecting pitch but its like a swimming pool in the streets here! 

Something like a months worth of rain today. This could get interesting. Hopefully any pitch inspection will be early on. 

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yes them. And yes they should. 

But I still think we'll lose.

God I hope not. I don't care about a cup run but we need these fringe players to really contribute this year if we are to go up

18 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

We say this every year. The likes of <list Villa players> should be able to handle <crap lower league side>. 

And they never do. 

Yes so true. Let's hope for a change tonight.

16 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Colchester supporting mate of mine reckons they are pants at the moment and is bracing himself for a painful evening. 

Good, I'm glad to hear someone fears us at least a little

15 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

God I hope not. I don't care about a cup run but we need these fringe players to really contribute this year if we are to go up

I agree. I just have a bad feeling.

I guess I'm just too used to being a Villa fan and seeing us **** up these "easy" cup games.

Hope I'm wrong. i'd love to see us win comfortably.

Apparently you're allowed to score more than one goal in a football match.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'd like to see a team full of yoof and experienced players who need a confidence boost

Something like

Steer
Bree
Chester
Samba
Taylor
Hourihane
Lansbury
Bjarnason
Green
Hogan
O'Hare

And Davis coming on for 30 mins.

Edited by StefanAVFC

23 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Something like a months worth of rain today. This could get interesting. Hopefully any pitch inspection will be early on. 

Mate it hasnt stopped raining since 9am. I do really think their is a danger of this game getting called off if this continues. No cover is going to protect the pitch from this amount of rain on a league 2 surface