Pre-match thread

KJT123

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Bjarnason at left back in a 4-4-2 with Hourihane and Onomah in the middle? Seems a bit lightweight, not sure who's going to do the graft. O'hare works hard, but it's a lot to ask of a young un.

Onomah wants to be a defensive midfielder, so I'd presume he'd do the graft. 

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

How are we lining that up then?

Seems 4-4-1-1 with O'Hare behind Hogan. 

Adomah coming out of nowhere is a nice surprise. Like that team. It shows squad depth when you compare this cup game last year. 

Chance for Onomah and Hourihane to fight for a spot on the weekend. 

• Like 1

Just now, Czechlad said:

So 4-3-3 with Onomah as the holding mid?

I assume so. It'll be curious to see how he does there as like Bruce I don't think anyone truly knows our best line-up or formation yet.

I missed the opening game of the season, I though Onomah was more of a floaty attacking figure - a sort of modern taller Lee Hendrie type of player - playing off the front man - a Grealish replacement. Clearly not!

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I missed the opening game of the season, I though Onomah was more of a floaty attacking figure - a sort of modern taller Lee Hendrie. Clearly not!

Pochettino believes he's an attacking-minded Midfielder. Onomah seems to prefer being a defensively-minded Midfielder. No one truly know for sure just what is accurate...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I missed the opening game of the season, I though Onomah was more of a floaty attacking figure - a sort of modern taller Lee Hendrie type of player - playing off the front man - a Grealish replacement. Clearly not!

He seems to think he's a proper cm. I think he's a bit of a Delph style box to box. 

• Like 1