London Bridge Incident

Just now, PaulC said:

Sorry don't agree, he tried to use this terrible incident for his own political purposes, I think that's totally wrong under the circumstances

He raised the story, which is in danger of being buried, that we are kidding a report that will note Saudi involvement in funding terrorism. The same ideology that killed so many in the last fortnight and so many thousands more in recent years. That's not a bad thing. The rest of the speech was obviously against the backdrop of electioneering, but so would any speech at this moment. Including one this morning.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Ahh.

Not seen any of that stuff.

Mostly just photos of ambulances and people walking with pints in their hands.

I try not to look for stuff on the internet anymore. I like fluffy unicorns too much.

He looks very much as you'd expect under the circumstances. 

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Sorry don't agree, he tried to use this terrible incident for his own political purposes, I think that's totally wrong under the circumstances

JC voted against: 

Terrorism Act 2000

Anti Terrorism Crime & Security Act 2001

Control Orders

Counter-Terrorism Act 2008

Terrorism Prevention & Investigation Measures Act 2011

You get the idea. 

6 minutes ago, Chindie said:

He raised the story, which is in danger of being buried, that we are kidding a report that will note Saudi involvement in funding terrorism. The same ideology that killed so many in the last fortnight and so many thousands more in recent years. That's not a bad thing. The rest of the speech was obviously against the backdrop of electioneering, but so would any speech at this moment. Including one this morning.

Maybe he could have brought it up tomorrow but today was wrong. 

9 minutes ago, Awol said:

JC voted against: 

Terrorism Act 2000

Control Orders

You get the idea. 

He wants to kill us all?

11 minutes ago, Awol said:

JC voted against: 

Terrorism Act 2000

Control Orders

You get the idea.

That they were all pretty shit pieces of legislation?

• Like 1

Someone posted this on facebook and i thought was some nice words.

8 minutes is a very short amount of time.
You could have a shower, you could drink your tea, you could paint your nails or you could hang your washing out.
But to receive a phone call about an incident, prepare yourself mentally and physically to deal with it, get to the location, identify the situation, find all 3 suspects and shoot them dead in just 8 minutes is absolutely phenomenal. 
Our police force do a fantastic job of keeping us safe. Next time you see them out and about, say hello, give them a nod or even offer a cup of tea. They deserve our respect, under that uniform is a normal Person just like you!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He wants to kill us all?

No, that whatever good reasons people may have to vote for Corbyn, anti-terrorism isn't one of them. 

1 minute ago, Awol said:

No, that whatever good reasons people may have to vote for Corbyn, anti-terrorism isn't one of them. 

Because he didn't agree with certain legislations?

Do you know the reasons why?

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Heard earlier that the first copper on the scene took on the three of them with just a baton. He's in a bad way. 

Insanely brave man. 

And one off duty officer was on the scene having a night out. He rugby tackled one of them and was wrestling him on the ground whilst the armed officers were arriving. He's also in a critical condition with stab wounds to his face and neck :(

• Like 2

Just now, bobzy said:

Because he didn't agree with certain legislations?

Do you know the reasons why?

No not for each individual vote but he apparently boasted in 2011 of voting against every single piece of anti-terror legislation since he became an MP in 1983, including the Prevention of Terrorism Act 1984 and 1989 which made membership of the IRA, INLA and Loyalist terror groups an arrestable offence. 

Im sure there's a whole host of good reasons he'd vote against that - I just can't think of any. 

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

And one off duty officer was on the scene having a night out. He rugby tackled one of them and was wrestling him on the ground whilst the armed officers were arriving. He's also in a critical condition with stab wounds to his face and neck :(

I really think there should be a public conversation about how we react to these types of attacks as they develop.

If every bloke in the area piled on they could stop it in seconds, but strangers making that split second decision to act together is a big ask. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Exactly how May did as well then?

Holding both to the same standards.

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

I really think there should be a public conversation about how we react to these types of attacks as they develop.

If every bloke in the area piled on they could stop it in seconds, but strangers making that split second decision to act together is a big ask. 

I think it requires serious training and would be too much of a commitment for the general public. 

How an untrained person thinks they will react in a situation like this is rarely how it plays out when the adrenaline kicks in. 

There was an interview with an Australian who was stabbed in the neck and the interviewer asked what the attacker was wearing. The guy couldn't remember anything about the attaker beyond the detail of the knife he was holding. 

That mirrors my (much tamer) experience of being mugged by a guy holds a knife. 

7 minutes ago, Awol said:

So many variables to consider.  What if those vests were real?  Have everyone piling in? :\

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

So many variables to consider.  What if those vests were real?  Have everyone piling in? :\

True enough, it's fight or flight but courage is contagious and can make all the difference if people back each other up. 

48 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I understand that, you understand that.

You think 9 failed GCSE's Racist Pate can deduce that?

I don't. 

And if you don't understand that, then quite clearly YOU are the one who hasn't understood what I have said.

#flippedyoass

Not quite!

i understand that YOU criticised her for her wording and what she said very clearly is that these nutters want to split the west and Islam and that these nutters say they are not compatible and then she follows to say that they are perverting their religion for their own gains. I honestly don't see how anybody would see this as a red rag to the "racist" bull, when it's quite the opposite. Hence why I have suggested anybody who sees it the other way wether it's to strengthen their already ignorant racist thoughts or a political stick to beat her with isn't very smart.

It feels like somebody being shown one of those ink plot drawings and asking what they see and whilst it's quite obviously a flowery they reply "two monkeys humping".

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Awol said:

True enough, it's fight or flight but courage is contagious and can make all the difference if people back each other up. 

I think Bobzy has a point there.  I like to think I'd have had a go with them brandishing knives.  Apparently wearing explosive vests though - no chance.

Â