Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Brighton

limpid

Match Polls  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

Your ratings and reactions please. Keep it respectful even if you know everyone else is wrong.

The players' names will be added to the poll when a mod gets chance.

Much as i don't want the barcodes to win the title, we so deserved something out of that game, they kicked us all over the park and got one yellow card.

much better performance all round, just hope Hogan isn't crocked again.

worse ref i have ever seen

• Like 2

Hourihane looked good, and the midfield seemed to push forward a bit more today and we looked stronger for it.  Bacuna had a mixed bag of a game and personally I reckon he's better out on the right rather than in the middle.  At right-back, Bree looked decent.

They had good spells but their goal only came from an almight Baker cock-up, for which he arguably shouldn't have been sent off.  I'm not sure about the specifics of the rule change but I thought they only sent players off in those circumstances now when it's a professional foul?

Anyway, there was some promise from Davis, but would need to see more of him to form a proper judgment.

For me, Grealish is far more effective on the left, when he gets a bit more room and can cut inside.  If Taylor is overlapping then we could be very threatening down that side.

Just now, Troglodyte said:

Hourihane looked good, and the midfield seemed to push forward a bit more today and we looked stronger for it.  Bacuna had a mixed bag of a game and personally I reckon he's better out on the right rather than in the middle.  At right-back, Bree looked decent.

They had good spells but their goal only came from an almight Baker cock-up, for which he arguably shouldn't have been sent off.  I'm not sure about the specifics of the rule change but I thought they only sent players off in those circumstances now when it's a professional foul?

Anyway, there was some promise from Davis, but would need to see more of him to form a proper judgment.

For me, Grealish is far more effective on the left, when he gets a bit more room and can cut inside.  If Taylor is overlapping then we could be very threatening down that side.

Hopefully good signs for next season, it's clear we have some good players in this squad.

3 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Much as i don't want the barcodes to win the title, we so deserved something out of that game, they kicked us all over the park and got one yellow card.

much better performance all round, just hope Hogan isn't crocked again.

worse ref i have ever seen

I didn't see this game but what's the deal with that anyway? Literally has been happening all season. For example, every time I've seen us live Kodjia has been pulled about by the opposing CBs the entire game and the referees do nothing.

3 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

Hourihane and Bacuna arguing over a free kick. Sign of a poor manager? Surely everyone should know their roles. 

Sign of......looking for anything.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

Played well, Bruce and the players deserve credit for that against a team that were trying to win the league.

Hourihane shone today, starting to come out of his shell.

Bacuna needs to go, we need a replacement for Elphick, and our medical team needs to be working over time in the summer to heal our entire strike force. Did like the look of Davis though, played well in difficult circumstances.

Great goal again from Grealish, I'd like to go into next season with him back on the left wing doing what he did what he first broke through.

The most enjoyable of today was preventing Brighton from winning the league, and up until this match I'd have much preferred them to take it over Newcastle. Sidwell and Stephens could have been sent off and there was dirty antics all over the pitch.

Which leads me to the referee. Appalling. Zero consistency, scared to show yellows when they were more than deserved. Enabled the players to put in hard, late challenges without repercussion one of which lead to a probable broken ankle for Hogan. Missed a clear penalty on Davis.

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

Sign of......looking for anything.

Yep.

Looked to me like Bacuna wanted it, but Hourihane was reminding him that he takes the free kicks as instructed by Bruce.

• Like 1

Â