General Election 2017

ender4

25 minutes ago, colhint said:

I don't think this is a wise move, she has much more support than JC. There are loads of reports out there from Labour about them wanting him gone

It's clear , at least to me, that jc has **** all support.  Other than 'the people'. Let's hope they wake up and vote him in.  They seem to be doing so.  The more exposure he gets, the more the polls close.  

2 hours ago, darrenm said:

I don't know enough about the Israel - Palestine conflict to form sound judgements. My understanding is that Israel is particularly the bad guy in that one. As far as I was aware, the British told the Jews at the end of WW2 that they could settle in parts of Israel that Muslims were already settled in. The Muslims were forced out and then the Jewish Israeli government annexed Gaza and the West Bank and basically treat the people there like prisoners, causing militant action from the Muslims there such as bombing in Israel etc. A bit like the British Government with NI. I have no idea how near or far away from the truth that is, but it's to demonstrate my understanding.

I read Corbyn's piece in the Morning Star and couldn't find a lot to disagree with. There's no mention of one of the people killed being someone involved in Munich, or that one of the people at the funeral was in any way supportive of Milosevic. Still not sure the beef with Milosevic though, he did miss a few sitters but he worked hard ( ;) )

I also don't know a lot about what actually happened with (Slobodan) Milosevic. But Ramsey Clark seems to have quite a history of being on the right side of everything, a bit like Corbyn. 

That's Ramsey Clark. Again, I can't disagree with a lot of that. The Gulf war was about getting rid of Hussein and then causing 20 years of conflict in the Middle East since. Dubyah and Blair had no right to go in. About the Saddam trial

It's not all black and white. If he was a human rights lawyer, previously Attorney General for Johnson who played a part in the civil rights movement, anti-Vietnam war, protesting against bombing of Hanoi, like Corbyn, a recipient of the Gandhi peace award. It's a hell of a CV for a pacifist. If someone like that is saying the Milosevic trial was botched, I'd seriously question my own government and media's version of events.

It's interesting that you seem to really dislike anyone who fights for peace while (in previous posts) you campaign for war. And then assume they are the dodgy ones (pacifists who love people who blow people up??) while the version of events you think you know to be correct is immutable. I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm not saying you're wrong to believe everything you read. I'm not saying there's conspiracies going on. I am saying I'm most disturbed by anyone who doesn't have a healthy degree of scepticism of what they think they know. 

I provided the links for you mate, if you choose to disbelieve them that's your call. Milosevic wasn't fitted up, he was a genocidal murderer and I'm very sure of the facts because I was there for some of it.

As for hating peace and loving war... not sure what posts you are talking about, but obviously not the ones slating the Israeli aparteid regime, or the war in Yemen and the role UK has played in that.

But it's not about what I think is it? It's about what Corbyn quite obviously believes and why many other people are choosing to ignore, excuse or feign ignorance of that.

'Dear Leader' syndromes never end well, this one won't either.

• Like 2

Jesus wept I just watched the latest Tory party political broadcast. Theresa May standing there with her bowl head haircut, next to a Union Jack flag with a pearl necklace, real one obviously not something her husband had just spunked all over her (in fairness he was probably too busy doing his man jobs) waffling on about Brexit and the old strong and stable rhetoric. All so predictable. I can't believe this bollocks is working with voters.

Edited by markavfc40

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Jesus wept I just watched the latest Tory party political broadcast. Theresa May standing there with her bowl head haircut, next to a Union Jack flag with a pearl necklace, real one obviously not something her husband had just spunked all over her (in fairness he was probably too busy doing his man jobs) waffling on about Brexit and the old strong and stable rhetoric. All so predictable. I can't believe this bollocks is working with voters.

Did you see the Wolverhampton vox pop interviews on the main news? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, peterms said:

I must say I find it bizarre that so many people are buying the manufactured outrage that Corbyn supports the Palestinian cause, when the Israeli state, founded by terrorists who killed British troops, a racist and apartheid state run by war criminals, seems beyond reproach.  He takes the side of the underdog in this matter.  How is it that supporting the deeply unpleasant oppressors has come to be regarded as quite ok, and supporting those who fight them appears to be a mark of utter depravity?

Do you not see the difference between supporting Palestinian self determination and honouring  the cold blooded murderer of an Olympic team?

I'm 100% certain that you do so why suggest they are equivalent, or that opposing one means not supporting the other? 

• Like 1

Very impressed with Corbyn. Unfortunately my dad who is adamant he can't vote for a Corbyn labour has declined to watch it because he doesn't like Corbyn. I worry it's those who could make a difference are so taken in with the media campaign that they won't take the opportunity to make a slightly more informed opinion. 

Paxman's being a bit clownish.  It's one thing to press a question, quite another to completely talk over someone when they've just started answering.  Trying to get corbyn annoyed, but it's not working.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, peterms said:

Paxman's being a bit clownish.  It's one thing to press a question, quite another to completely talk over someone when they've just started answering.  Trying to get corbyn annoyed, but it's not working.

Poor from Paxman. The abolition of the monarchy stuff is irrelevant.

2 minutes ago, peterms said:

Needs to do the same with May as he'll malfunction and just spot "strong and stable" hundred times in a row without drawing breath. 

• Like 1

Â