• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

Shoigu has been fired with Andrei Belousov replacing him as defence minister. Interesting that this conincides with the Russians actually making some headway, no idea what Belousov is like though.

3 hours ago, djdabush said:

Shoigu has been fired with Andrei Belousov replacing him as defence minister. Interesting that this conincides with the Russians actually making some headway, no idea what Belousov is like though.

He should definitely move into a retirement bungalow. 

8 hours ago, villa89 said:

I assume its as a result of Timur Ivanov taking bribes that he's gone.

My understanding is that they are all taking bribes or committing some other transgression and a blind eye is turned to it all but when Putin wants them gone he calls in the investigation. 

It sounds like Ivanov took the fall to pave the way for Shoigu to be replaced with a bean counter who will try and get Russia’s military spending back under control. 

Posted (edited)
On 07/05/2024 at 13:25, bielesibub said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68968256

I'm guessing it was foiled by moving Zelensky to a bungalow with no windows.

gotta be honest, i struggle to believe that Russia would try to assassinate Zelensky.

If you have a guy in the role who is failing (Zelensky), why would you want to change that?, and also open yourself up to "well you did it, so now we will try".

I dont see any benefit to Russia assassinating Zelensky, he would just be replaced by another USA puppet, who might actually be better and his/her job, and more amenable to US interests.

I would put money on it being a Ukraine internal attempt, or a foreign power supported attempt (and the foreign power wasnt Russia).

Edited by MaVilla
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

gotta be honest, i struggle to believe that Russia would try to assassinate Zelensky.

If you have a guy in the role who is failing (Zelensky), why would you want to change that?, and also open yourself up to "well you did it, so now we will try".

I dont see any benefit to Russia assassinating Zelensky, he would just be replaced by another USA puppet, who might actually be better and his/her job, and more amenable to US interests.

I would put money on it being a Ukraine internal attempt, or a foreign power supported attempt (and the foreign power wasnt Russia).

I’m not sure by which measure Russia would be happy with how the war has played out to the point they’d want to keep him in place. The stiff resistance by Ukraine and the ability of Zelensky to keep getting foreign countries to commit ammunition and weapons that have crippled Russia way beyond their most extreme predictions.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Failing? 🤨 You lost me there.

3 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Ukraine can't win, that is not the remit.

it was the remit until it was realised that they couldnt, so the remit changed.

anyway, i broke my own interwebz rule and posted in this type of thread.

You are entitled to your opinion, and i respect it.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

it was the remit until it was realised that they couldnt, so the remit changed.

You are entitled to your opinion, and i respect it.

You are entitled to yours too, I don't respect it though because its delusional

• Like 2

Just now, bickster said:

You are entitled to yours too, I don't respect it though because its delusional

lol ok.

33 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Strange take 

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

It would probably help if you didn't go down a load of social media rabbit holes before posting to be honest. 

35 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i struggle to believe that Russia would try to assassinate Zelensky.

Despite them trying numerous times. 

35 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

If you have a guy in the role who is failing (Zelensky)

Failing at what exactly?

36 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I dont see any benefit to Russia assassinating Zelensky

Open your eyes a bit

37 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

he would just be replaced by another USA puppet

He was elected by the people of Ukraine prior to the Russian invasion, when Trump was president and Trump tried to discredit him because he wouldn't help with his attempts to discredit Biden. In what way is Zelenky a USA puppet?

39 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I would put money on it being a Ukraine internal attempt, or a foreign power supported attempt (and the foreign power wasnt Russia)

The bookmakers love people like you

• Like 2

About 120,000 Russians dead, another 180,000 injured (plus the collapse of the Russian economy and living standards) and @MaVilla thinks Putin is rubbing his hands together in glee because  Zelensky is doing such a bad job.

Posted (edited)

Russia lost a reported close to 2000 soldiers yesterday trying to walk (?) into Kharkiv against bunkers and newly arrived Bradleys. They want to create a 'buffer zone', and will likely keep throwing men at it for a while considering they have a reported 20.000 new meat ready for the new operations.

Give it two weeks and the offensive momentum is over, and we'll be back at Russians trying to take Chasiv Yar for the 6th month in a row. There's some absolutely bonkers videos from the border regions of Kharkiv of Russia sending waves and waves of BMPs into the same place and getting torn to shreds by simple FPV drones. The mind boggles. The general who's 'leading' the offensive is the same guy who couldn't take Kharkiv two years ago and then got completely overrun in the counter-offensive some months later.

Edited by magnkarl

Â