• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

28 minutes ago, blandy said:

How come there’s so many bad folk in Russia?

I feel really sad about it and I have done for a number of years.  When working in summer camps in the USA (this was back in 2005-6) I met some lovely Russians who (like me) wanted an adventure and wanted to meet people. I haven't kept in touch sadly but I wish I did. Some of them travelled for 2 days before catching the plane to the US.  The one guy was really into his football so the one morning (as I knew it was his birthday) I dropped my Villa shirt onto his bed when he was working (I knew he was eyeing it up). Another new Villan I would like to hope.  I don't dare think about how they are now (if even alive) :(.  They deserve better than a warmongering fool. 

Edited by trekka
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Yevgeny Prigozhin has agreed to de-escalate the situation in Russia, the Belarusian president's office has said. 

Boo hiss , just when it looked interesting 

Surely he can’t stop now!

you get one chance at this. If he doesn’t take it, he is as good as finished ( dead).

4 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Any chance this has been orchestrated to make.putins position stronger?

Does it? He fled at the first sign of trouble, Wagner were pretty much unopposed by any force on their "march" and the "talks" have seemingly had to be done by Luka.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Any chance this has been orchestrated to make.putins position stronger?

Do you think it has ordo you think it makes him look a pussy letting Prighozin just take the piss. I think the later and I bet a lot of people in Russia do too. 

Just now, Lochheads twin said:

Surely he can’t stop now!

you get one chance at this. If he doesn’t take it, he is as good as finished ( dead).

Isn’t this shades of Gorbachev and Yeltsin , whereby Yeltsin stopped the bloodshed and then Gorby very quietly stood down a few months later and Yeltsin took power via a bloodless coup ( short version of events ) 

But yeah you’d think  Prigozhin would be searching on right move for bungalows right about now 

Â