• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

8 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Got to get them new conscripts somehow.

This is absolutely normal isn't it. What a country. 

Edited by sidcow

14 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Have there been any comparable losses of troops in a single attack? Sounds extraordinary

The infamous Donets failed river crossing is rumoured to be on the same scale. Russia lost 1-2 BTG's, lots of vehicles and equipment due to running straight into an artillery barrage on the wrong side of the river. Credible sources say 500-600 were killed, while Ukraine claim 2 BTG's (1600 men).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Siverskyi_Donets

According to the Institute for the Study of War (ISW), out of the approximately 550 Russian soldiers who took part in the attempted crossing near Bilohorivka, 485 were killed or wounded, and more than 80 pieces of Russian equipment were destroyed.[2] The Times estimated that over 1,000 soldiers were killed during the battle at the Donets, whereas Newsweek cited Ukrainian claims of up to 1,500 soldiers killed during the battle.[1][16][17]

What made this crossing so catastrophic for Russia is that they lost much of one of their most elite Guards Motor Rifle Brigades, it's not the same as losing conscripts with no equipment, morale or winter clothing.

That said I wouldn't be surprised if Russia are losing upwards of these numbers daily around Bakhmut. There's videos and pictures going around today of fairly close up frames showing upwards of 20 dead Russians in small ditches after failed attacks. It's eerily like WW1.

Edited by magnkarl

9 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

🤣

I bet their faces hurt after holding those false smiles for so long.

Whats happening in Russia is madness. They are still pushing the narrative hard that the West went to war with them and they are reacting. 

The difference in casualty numbers isn’t purely propaganda.  It’s also due to the way Russia (and most armies) deal with battlefield casualties.  
Until bodies are recovered many soldiers will simply be listed as “missing”.  They will be discreetly reclassified to dead at some point in the future.  
The majority of dead from the Moskva are still listed as “missing” even though it’s over 6 months since they “disappeared”.

Edited by Mandy Lifeboats
Speeling mishsteaks

On 05/12/2022 at 18:41, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Russia launching nukes at Ukraine to keep Crimea makes as much sense as the UK launching nukes at France to keep the Channel Islands. 

@tonyh29 with approval in 3... 2... 

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, Genie said:

I bet their faces hurt after holding those false smiles for so long.

Whats happening in Russia is madness. They are still pushing the narrative hard that the West went to war with them and they are reacting. 

The bullshit in Russia at the moment is on another level and pretty childishly thought out. Take Putin for example. Many of the photo ops carried out recently, with soldiers, or other organisations have been fake. Most of the people in the photos are actors or indiviuals(maybe security) and have been in several photos wearing different costumes. It's mad tbh. But it also shows Putin to be weak. Either because he can't trust those around him or he doesn't have the support of as many Russians as is made out by the Kremlin. My guess is he has become seriously paranoid. 

• Like 1

Here's owner of Wagner PMC, the war criminal and Putin's Chef (yes he used to be in the catering trade, hosted Putin many times and has no military leadership experience) telling the world why he cant take Bakhmut

It’s wrong for many reason but it would be amazing to see the full power of the US / NATO unleashed wouldn’t it? I bet they’d clear out these Russian wasters like sweeping leaves off a driveway. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Serious question, does anybody believe these figures? I can’t imagine the Ukraine propaganda machine is much more reliable than the Russian one.

The equipment losses are somewhat verifiable, especially the big high profile stuff. 

The troop losses would be optimistic guess work though.

47 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s wrong for many reason but it would be amazing to see the full power of the US / NATO unleashed wouldn’t it? I bet they’d clear out these Russian wasters like sweeping leaves off a driveway. 

I'd love to see it. It would be a lesson for all dictatorship's to keep them in check so soething like this is less likely in the future. In theory it's what the UN should be doing, but it's a completely pointless organization.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

Serious question, does anybody believe these figures? I can’t imagine the Ukraine propaganda machine is much more reliable than the Russian one.

Russia entered Ukraine in February with over 200k troops. Less than 6 months later mobilising 300k. Throw in the DPR, the LPR and Wagner troops. Now they may even activate general mobilisation as many Russians propaganda sources are now pushing for it.

100k losses is probably conservative estimate the way Russians have bungled their way through the last 10 months. 250 troops a day over 365 is over 90k+. Russia have been losing far more than that daily for large parts of this conflict. I would definitely say 100k isn't extreme guesswork because if it was they'd be all over it on Russian state TV. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I imagine it’s been wargamed for an eventuality where Belarus enters the war. NATO to sweep Belarus in two days to show China and Russia what would happen if they tried anything.

At this point there is very little to fear from either. Russia was the better more experienced army of the two. They got dismantled by Ukraine. China would likely lose their entire fleet in a week if they tried to go against the very high tech Taiwanese army. There’s very little kit that Taiwan doesn’t have. Patriots, grey eagles, atacms.

Â