Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

You know the Engels airbase, the one that is closer to Moscow than Ukraine that keeps being attacked by presumably Ukraine...

In those attacks there were always comments from Russias asking what the air defence was doing (this is pretty much true for any attack on targets deep inside Russian territory)

Well today, Russia proved without doubt that the Engels Airbase does indeed have working Air Defence (S-300 probably) because they shot down one of their own Su-27

They have claimed it was thought to be another drone, when asked why they didn't recognise their own aircraft, the answer was "It was cloudy"

So the next question is... what was their IFF system doing? (Identification Friend or Foe)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

1 hour ago, bickster said:

You know the Engels airbase, the one that is closer to Moscow than Ukraine that keeps being attacked by presumably Ukraine...

In those attacks there were always comments from Russias asking what the air defence was doing (this is pretty much true for any attack on targets deep inside Russian territory)

Well today, Russia proved without doubt that the Engels Airbase does indeed have working Air Defence (S-300 probably) because they shot down one of their own Su-27

They have claimed it was thought to be another drone, when asked why they didn't recognise their own aircraft, the answer was "It was cloudy"

So the next question is... what was their IFF system doing? (Identification Friend or Foe)

Maybe they turned it off so they could do some war crimes.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

How long till Ukraine hits Moscow? 

Google Maps measurement tool says about 280 miles… doable?

There’s many more tastier targets closer to Ukraine. The new Black Sea fleet base in Novoryssisk, Sevastopol, Engels, several important factories building rails, guns, ammo etc.

Moscow won’t be attacked, it’ll scare the international community.

• Like 1

I think any attack on Moscow would be foolhardy. It would just bring Russians together and heal any division within the government which is why it's been off the agenda until now. Attacking Russian military assets and infrastructure should be the priority but I think NATO etc have already told Ukraine that any attacks on Moscow and aid would be withdrawn. Ukraine would love nothing more than to bring NATO into this but there will be parameters set for Ukraine to adhere to. Rightly so imo, or we'd have chaos. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Genie said:

How long till Ukraine hits Moscow? 

This just won’t happen, not overtly, as in conventional military response.

Allegedly, despite the frostiness between the US and China, there is an accord between them that China is exerting diplomatic pressure on Russia to refrain from nuclear rhetoric and a tactical nuclear response in the battle field, the quid pro quo being the US/NATO supplies only limited range weapons I.e. defensive weapons and pressure on Ukraine to pursue only ejecting Russia from its borders. Seemingly the alleged attempted assassination on Alexander Dugin, that killed his daughter, was frowned upon by the West and perhaps why this type of action within Russia hasn’t happened since.

This war is going to grind on for a long time, I just can’t see any scenario other than Putin being “replaced” where circumstances would allow any peace deal. If Russia is further weakened and political will spreads i.e. China softens its current position, things might change, but the concern would be that  this would be to Chinas long term advantage and intention. 

This conflict may seem relatively insignificant however I think it is a catalyst to becoming the single most important event in 100 years and will be an accelerant to the new world order where China becomes the dominant nation and other conflicts. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Got to get that morale up somehow. What a nation

Legalised pillage. 

Clearly Russia is a modern, civilised country, and not full of two-bit pirates.

4 hours ago, thunderball said:

This just won’t happen, not overtly, as in conventional military response.

Allegedly, despite the frostiness between the US and China, there is an accord between them that China is exerting diplomatic pressure on Russia to refrain from nuclear rhetoric and a tactical nuclear response in the battle field, the quid pro quo being the US/NATO supplies only limited range weapons I.e. defensive weapons and pressure on Ukraine to pursue only ejecting Russia from its borders. Seemingly the alleged attempted assassination on Alexander Dugin, that killed his daughter, was frowned upon by the West and perhaps why this type of action within Russia hasn’t happened since.

This war is going to grind on for a long time, I just can’t see any scenario other than Putin being “replaced” where circumstances would allow any peace deal. If Russia is further weakened and political will spreads i.e. China softens its current position, things might change, but the concern would be that  this would be to Chinas long term advantage and intention. 

This conflict may seem relatively insignificant however I think it is a catalyst to becoming the single most important event in 100 years and will be an accelerant to the new world order where China becomes the dominant nation and other conflicts. 

There might not be an attack as such but i gurantee there will be terrorist attacks in moscow. All it takes it one angry Ukrainian who has lost everything and becomes mentally unstable

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

There might not be an attack as such but i gurantee there will be terrorist attacks in moscow. All it takes it one angry Ukrainian who has lost everything and becomes mentally unstable

Russia have been dealing with terrorist attacks for years. I'm sure under Putin a Chechen group took over 130 Russians hostage in a cinema or theatre. Russian flooded the building with gas, knocked everybody out,, executed the terrorists and and about 80+ civilians died from the gas. That's how Russia deals with "terrorists".

It's hardly worth the bother being an apparent terrorist and blowing building or people up unless your killing those that matter in Russia, because the elite, just don't care about civilians. Just like everywhere else. We are all cannon fodder when it comes down to it. 

Just now, avfc1982am said:

It's hardly worth the bother being an apparent terrorist and blowing building or people up unless your killing those that matter in Russia, because the elite, just don't care about civilians. Just like everywhere else. We are all cannon fodder when it comes down to it. 

Your thinking logically. Terrorists unfortunately dont think logically like that.

They wont be a group as such, someone that has nothing as russia took it away. Can you imagine mentally the anger it would cause you if your lost your house and everything you have worked all your life for. Your family friends killed. Its enough to push anyone over the edge

21 minutes ago, sidcow said:

There was that Putin supporter who had a car bomb meant for him that just killed his daughter. You might find more of his supporters targeted. 

It's as likely to be disgruntled Russians as Ukrainians though. For example, the relatives of all the people having "window accidents".

40 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Your thinking logically. Terrorists unfortunately dont think logically like that.

They wont be a group as such, someone that has nothing as russia took it away. Can you imagine mentally the anger it would cause you if your lost your house and everything you have worked all your life for. Your family friends killed. Its enough to push anyone over the edge

I think your a little confused. "Terrorists" are a group or individuals that plan attacks, there is thought put into attacks regardless of how barbaric, or in many cases ill planned. Terrorist's in general have political or religious aims, not personal.

There is a difference between those that have lost their minds due to personal circumstances and those that are organised or part of a faction. Terrorists think very logically and it's the reason they are far more dangerous. 

At some point suicide bombs and such may become common place in Russia, dependent on how far this conflict goes, however, if they do it will most likely be because of organisation and group planning. 

28 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I think your a little confused. "Terrorists" are a group or individuals that plan attacks, there is thought put into attacks regardless of how barbaric, or in many cases ill planned. Terrorist's in general have political or religious aims, not personal.

There is a difference between those that have lost their minds due to personal circumstances and those that are organised or part of a faction. Terrorists think very logically and it's the reason they are far more dangerous. 

At some point suicide bombs and such may become common place in Russia, dependent on how far this conflict goes, however, if they do it will most likely be because of organisation and group planning. 

Are you saying a terrorist attack cannot happen from one single individual? It doesnt have to be a group to be a terrorist attack

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Are you saying a terrorist attack cannot happen from one single individual? It doesnt have to be a group to be a terrorist attack

What your talking about isn't thought of as terrorism. Even most individual attacks classed as terrorism are for a cause and part of a bigger picture, or further attacks. Like I said, politically or religious. An individual going off their head because of a personal grievance isn't classed as terrorism. That person wont be remember as a martyr.

Take mass shootings.... such a barbaric crime. Some of these are carried out by extremists, whatever you want to call them. Others are carried out by those with no cause, no reason and no objective other than to kill because of some internal pain. That's not a terrorist but a nutcase.  

Â