• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

21 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Doubtful.  The shot count dictates when the barrel requires servicing.  If they have been inflating the figures it means they lost the equipment from service too early.  Once it's reached its shot count it becomes inaccurate and potentially dangerous to the crew.  

Yeah, that's what i mean. It would be a gradual wearing and loss of accuracy over time, if you want your sponsor to service it sooner and get it back to you like new again it would be an advantage to wind the shot clock forward a bit. 

10 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Yeah, that's what i mean. It would be a gradual wearing and loss of accuracy over time, if you want your sponsor to service it sooner and get it back to you like new again it would be an advantage to wind the shot clock forward a bit. 

I see what you mean now. 👍

2 hours ago, bickster said:

The short version

There used to be an airfield in Chornobaivka just outside Kherson

At the start of the war the Russians parked some aircraft there, Ukraine blew them all up. A couple of weeks later the Russians parked some helicopters there, Ukraine blew them all up. They stopped parking aircraft there BUT they kept parking ordnance there and stockpiled ammo there and Ukraine just kept blowing it up. They turned it into a Command Post (more than once) guess what...

It became a meme, that Ukrainian Artilery men could just total the airfield at Chornobaivka in their sleep.

The Russians never seemed to learn their lesson  and in the end it was attacked a total of 39 times, same place, same result. It was like a sacrifice to the Gods. At one stage it was happening almost daily. Most of this was pre-HIMARS which kinda ruined the fun because then the Russians knew it was way too close to the front

But anyway, today satellite imagery shows that the Russians have completely left the site (its a suburb 10km North East of Kherson)

Oh blimey. I knew about an airfield that RU kept reusing, but didn’t realise it was located there. Does it mean that UA has retaken that territory now though? 

12 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

I’d love to see how Russia planes would perform against the F15.  

They're going to have to strap more than one satnav to the dashboard that's for sure.

• Haha 1

Yesterday Russia lost a reported 500 men for 1 kilometer of ground north of Pisky, which they later withdrew from. There's very graphic videos of Ukraine just lobbing mortar rounds at assembly points and taking out 10+ Wagerites and Russian soldiers per shot. I have no idea why Russia keeps wanting to control a wasteland when they're close to losing their only valid supply lines in the North..

At this point most of Ukraine's artillerymen will be so good at targetting the land around them that they probably won't even have to look at where they're aiming. It's the Mannerheim Line all over again.

Human wave - Soviet Forces | Gallery

So Russia fighting back by taking out energy around the country with missiles.   

How come they suddenly have all these missiles they haven't used before?

How bad is it for Ukraine seeing winter is coming.  Will they be able to get power and heating up and running everywhere before the cold weather sets in?

Â