• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

27 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm always amazed at how out of proportion his head is.

Yeah, he's got the body of a dwarf. Bet he's got clubfeet too and that's why he wears them ridiculous boots. Custom made for dwarfs that shag goats. 

• Haha 2

Wish he would go to the front himself instead of sending his brainwashed children there. He's an allegory for Putinism in a very nutty nutshell. 

Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov – a close ally of Russia’s President Vladimir Putin – said he will send his three teenage sons to the front line to fight in the war in Ukraine after admonishing Moscow’s military leaders for a series of battlefield defeats.

Kadyrov, who commands a personal army fighting in Ukraine, earlier demanded that the commander of Russian forces in eastern Ukraine be stripped of his medals and sent to the front line to fight. He criticised Colonel-General Aleksandr Lapin, calling him “mediocre”.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

There’s no real news from Kherson and I wonder if we have a bluff, double bluff situation?  

Russia is withdrawing regular troops to give the impression that they are ready to give up the west of Kherson.  But they have no intention of withdrawing.  They want the Ukrainians to advance into the city in great numbers.  Whilst they are doing that, the regular army will attack the flanks and surround the Ukrainians in the city.  They effectively  want “Stalingrad II”.  

Ukraine has no intention of taking Kherson. They are just tying down Russian forces whilst waiting for an opportunity to attack elsewhere. 

But both sides know the other side are bluffing. 

Edited by Mandy Lifeboats
Speeling mishsteaks

44 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

There’s no real news from Kherson and I wonder if we have a bluff, double bluff situation?  

Russia is withdrawing regular troops to give the impression that they are ready to give up the west of Kherson.  But they have no intention of withdrawing.  They want the Ukrainians to advance into the city in great numbers.  Whilst they are doing that, the regular army will attack the flanks and surround the Ukrainians in the city.  They effectively  want “Stalingrad II”.  

Ukraine has no intention of taking Kherson. They are just tying down Russian forces whilst waiting for an opportunity to attack elsewhere. 

But both sides know the other side are bluffing. 

I've been thinking for a while now that the main attack will eventually come from Zaporizhzhia into Melitopol to cut Russian lines but that hardly looks probable while Kherson and especially Nova Khakovka are still in Russian hands.

I think things are still at a standstill. Russia have been pushing hard around Bakhmut and not getting anywhere. Ukraine are pushing towards Svatove and getting nowhere fast. I'm not sure if it's winter setting in or just both sides tiring each other out. Probably a little of both.  

• Like 2

My favourite story of the day 

Russia Airport Selling Packge With Secrutiy, Check-in — but No Flight (businessinsider.com)

A Russian airport is selling a fake flight experience — with check-in, security, but no take-off — as the Ukraine war roils Russian aviation

A Russian airport is selling a bundle of pre-flight procedures — without the actual flight — to cope with the chaos roiling the industry in Russia since its war with Ukraine began.

Details of the package at Anapa Airport, called "I Wanna Fly," were published by independent Russian news outlet The Insider.

(The Insider is a Russian news outlet and has no affiliation with Insider.)

Russia's Federal Air Transport Agency suspended all flights from the airport at the start of Russia's invasion of Ukraine in February.

Anapa is near the border between Russia and Ukraine's Crimea peninsula, which has been occupied by Russia since 2014.

The closures are an extreme example of restrictions facing Russian fliers. Many regular destinations became inaccessible after the invasion began as dozens of countries closed their airspace to Russian planes.

The tour, which costs 1500 Russian rubles or $24, involves check-in, security, waiting at the gate, and boarding a plane which doesn't go anywhere.

Customers are allowed to visit the cockpit and get served an in-flight meal, The Insider reported.

The plane also receives a water salute, which normally only occurs for ceremonial purposes and involves the plane going underneath plumes of water expelled by fire trucks.

Anapa Airport did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.

The "I Wanna Fly" tour is similar to when different airlines started offering "flights to nowhere" during the COVID-19 pandemic, though these often did involve taking off.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

I've been thinking for a while now that the main attack will eventually come from Zaporizhzhia into Melitopol to cut Russian lines but that hardly looks probable while Kherson and especially Nova Khakovka are still in Russian hands.

I think things are still at a standstill. Russia have been pushing hard around Bakhmut and not getting anywhere. Ukraine are pushing towards Svatove and getting nowhere fast. I'm not sure if it's winter setting in or just both sides tiring each other out. Probably a little of both.  

Yeah, not everything is a master Ukrainian strategy. Sometimes they are just being beaten back and struggling to make any meaningful ground. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

I'm not sure if it's winter setting in or just both sides tiring each other out. Probably a little of both.  

What I think is going on (From what I have read),  just a guess tbh.

I wouldn't worry,  Ukraine are getting the NATO trained troops into place to go over the river.  Where they cross is the question as Russia is mining the **** out of certain places on the other river bank.
Russia is expending a lot of time and effort creating a defensive line that is so long it just can't be done effectively.  Ukraine is just waiting and probing to see what they have where and how fast they respond to pretend attacks.  All the while destroying the anti aircraft defence,  they blo up approx. 3 a day of these at least,  Russia will soon lose the sky completely (For drones and combat aircraft).  The reconnaissance and communications in relation to the drones and artillery strikes is something Russia clearly can't cope with,  they have no answer to this.  Ukraine don't miss much theses days and it is driving the Russian soldiers genuinely mental (Panic attacks etc),  they just don't understand how Ukraine are doing it. 

Once this is achieved then they can go as they will finally have air support as they cross the river.  Once they do then that will be that.  As soon as Ukraine get a staging area across the river Russia are done and they have no option to run but with the air support they will have no exit.  At this point some Russian positions will be surrounded and they will surrender.  The difference between a average Russian soldier and a trained NATO soldier is now a world apart in terms of equipment and pure tactical intelligence.  I suspect that we are waiting for the cold to arrive,  the Russians will suffer becasue of the cold and general lack of morale, equipment and a plan.  For Ukraine,  the cold is a pain but they have the gear(A lot of the Ukraine troops have $300-$400 boots and Oakley gloves for example).  For a Russian,  they might genuinely die if it gets to -15.  You will hear Russians actually moving into houses on the Battlefield soon to get out the cold at a guess or they will die,  they will have no choice.  Odd behaviour for the worlds second most fear army to sit in Grannies favourite chair but there you go.

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

So basically stalemate for the next couple of months now?

Not really, that's only on the Kherson front. The Eastern Luhansk front may be a different proposition altogether. Totally different terrain. One of the problems in Kherson is that its a huge agricultural region, flat open land with a lot of irrigation channels and these irrigation channels are being used by Russia as trench systems, so forward movement will be slow as it has been much easier for Russia to dig in here. In the east around Svatove etc, the terrain is more rugged, There were signs yesterday that the P66 highway contact line had been breached and once that is done and the Russians moved Eatwards, the line of contact becomes Ukraine on high ground overlooking the towns built into the lee-side of the range of hills (these towns will not be easy to defend from western attacks), colder wetter weather may not affect Ukraines better equipped military moving forward to much over here.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

A quick question for those who know more about weapons than me.  

is this a mobile Burger King for troop morale or something much more deadly made to blend into a city location? 

If it’s the later,  what is it? 

99CBBFD8-CF48-4A38-8987-A1F53AA12568.jpeg

Haven't the US just announced increased troops numbers in the contact countries? It'll be for them

• Like 2

Â